There’s an obvious resource for travelers that many don’t take advantage of and it’s so obvious, I never thought about sharing it as a tip until I saw a tweet from a perpetual traveler.
Nomadic Matt tweeted: “I will never figure out why travelers don’t use local tourism offices more. They exist to help you with whatever you need and are a wealth of knowledge staffed by LOCALS. Use them when you travel.”
Matt’s 100% right and I’ve taken advantage of them in countless countries, states and destinations including this past week up in Big Bear.
Many of these offices are in the middle of town or at an airport or train station that is staffed by locals who have so much knowledge and recommendations about where to eat, things to do and places to stay. And oftentimes, they have special deals so if you ever come across one, pop in and ask them questions. Trust me: They’ll have the answers you need.
Have you ever used one? What’s the best advice or deal they gave you?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.