I’m very fortunate to own my own business, which means I rarely have to wake up to a dreaded alarm clock. Don’t misunderstand me: I still wake up early, and I work a lot harder than I did when I worked for the big man. Now, it’s usually on my terms (often related to my jetlag). However, I know that not everyone gets up on their own and that many people need the assistance of an alarm (as I do when I have an early morning flight or meeting). My belief is that if you’re going to be woken up, you might as well make it gentle, right?
That’s where Gentle Wakeup comes in. Gentle Wakeup is an alarm/sleep app that has been around since April. It has over 200,000 downloads, but I’m not one of them because I have an iPhone and the app is currently only available for Android users. According to the owner, Dr. Alexander Rieger, there’s no iOS version because Apple does not allow you to start an app in the morning. That’s new to me, but okay.
Gentle Wakeup appears to be able to help people to fall asleep, power nap and wake up refreshed in the morning. The app features: True Sunrise Simulation, Gentle Sleep & Wakeup Sounds with natural sounds and slowly increasing light for wakeup, a Sleep Timer with fading light and music for falling asleep, and a Night Clock with deep background sounds for sleeping. The default features are free, but in-app purchases are available. One of them gives you access to all future updates forever at no additional cost.
One reason I’m featuring it—besides its high reviews (4.4 stars out of five with over 6,000 reviewers)—is that Dr. Rieger is offering a free unlock code (johnnyjet) for JohnnyJet.com readers. The code, worth about $20, must be entered in the app settings. It unlocks all the app’s features (with ads still).
Promo code: Use johnnyjet for all features (with ads).
If you use Gentle Wakeup, let me know how you like it in the comments below!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.