Andy Murray, the Scottish tennis superstar, purchased a luxury 15-bedroom mansion in 2013. Cromlix, newly reopened (spring 2014) a five-star luxury Gate Lodge, is close to his hometown of Dunblane, which is about 40 minutes outside of Glasgow. I didn’t get to stay there on my most recent trip to the British Isles, but I did have a lovely lunch at their Chez Roux restaurant, which seats 65 and is open to the public. More importantly, it’s overseen by chef Albert Roux OBE (owner of Le Gavroche in London, the first UK restaurant to be awarded three Michelin stars). Below are some pics from lunch and of the hotel, which is set on 34 acres of secluded woodlands and has its own chapel, whiskey room (85 bottles), and two tennis courts painted in Wimbledon colors. Cromlix is open year-round and all 15 rooms are named after famous Scots, Murray not being one of them. Rates begin at 200 GBP ($343 USD)
News stories about Cromlix:
- Andy Murray’s hotel website removes all references to hunting after PETA compares activity to killing tennis star’s dogs
- Andy Murray’s hotel selling alcohol at six times its retail value
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.