Andy Murray, the Scottish tennis superstar, purchased a luxury 15-bedroom mansion in 2013. Cromlix, newly reopened (spring 2014) a five-star luxury Gate Lodge, is close to his hometown of Dunblane, which is about 40 minutes outside of Glasgow. I didn’t get to stay there on my most recent trip to the British Isles, but I did have a lovely lunch at their Chez Roux restaurant, which seats 65 and is open to the public. More importantly, it’s overseen by chef Albert Roux OBE (owner of Le Gavroche in London, the first UK restaurant to be awarded three Michelin stars). Below are some pics from lunch and of the hotel, which is set on 34 acres of secluded woodlands and has its own chapel, whiskey room (85 bottles) and two tennis courts painted in Wimbledon colors. Cromlix is open year-round and all 15 rooms are named after famous Scots, Murray not being one of them. Rates begin at 200 GBP ($343 USD)
News stories about Cromlix:
- Andy Murray’s hotel website removes all references to hunting after PETA compares activity to killing tennis star’s dogs
- Andy Murray’s hotel selling alcohol at six times its retail value
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.