My wife and I were in Cambodia as a guest of Anantara Angkor Resort & Spa. The hotel is plush but the real reason you’ll want to go to Siem Reap is for its proximity to the magnificent Angkor Archaeological Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site of ancient Khmer Empire ruins. The most famous is Angkor Wat, which is labeled the Eighth Wonder of the World. The park is only 20 minutes from the hotel and they can arrange a reputable guide and driver for just $25 for a half day.
To gain entry into the park is $20 USD. One of my bills was rejected since it had a slight tear and they take pictures of each person to put on your ticket so you can’t share. I was told that the whole park is run by a Vietnamese guy, which the locals aren’t too happy about.
We were there in the low season, which is July to late September so it was rainy and not crowded. High season is October to February and is busy every day. The temperature in the low season can go down to 15C (59F) and the hottest months are April to June and temps are 40C (104F).
The Angkor Archaeological Park is an absolute must-see. It’s truly spectacular and it’s huge, too. You can easily spend a whole day at Angkor Thom, Ta Prohm and Angkor Wat. See photos below in the gallery.
Good to know: CDC health page on Cambodia
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.