When I was a kid, someone told me that if I dug a huge hole I would end up in China. Well, according to the Antipodes Map, that person was wrong.
To find out what’s actually on the other side of the Earth relative to where you’re standing—or anywhere at all—look no further than the Antipodes Map (which is appropriately named, because the meaning of the word “antipode” according to Oxford Dictionaries is “the direct opposite of something.”). To use it, you simply type your country, city, address, zip code, or geographical coordinates into the search box, press the “Find” button, and watch the Antipodes Map “man” dig a tunnel from the selected location on the “Left Map” right through the center of the Earth to the other side of the world—represented on the Right Map. Both maps can be moved and zoomed in and out of. Below each map, you can view the selected location address and geographical coordinates (latitude and longitude).
I’m glad I never finished digging that hole growing up because I would’ve ended up in the Indian Ocean!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.