There are a ton of websites and apps offering flight deals, but I don’t know too many that do it specifically in the context of specific events—besides this new app (free on Android and iOS) created by FareCompare called Eventurist. What it does is use FareCompare’s extensive deal-finding algorithms and expert traveler advice to help travelers discover new events and destinations as they find the “best” airfare deals currently available.
Tip: Of course, it’s always smart to check multiple sites and methods for finding cheap airfare. Here are my 17 tips.
FareCompare looks at searches that people are making for flights to help users find flights. Instead of focusing on fare sales, it looks at airline inventory (where airlines have a lot of empty space). Eventurist features a registry of cool events to inspire interesting, event-related travel ideas. It currently features more than 200 hand-picked events and festivals from all over the world—Vietnam, Australia, Spain, and the US to name a few—and they add new content daily. Once a traveler settles on an event or a destination, FareCompare’s algorithms track more than 24 billion flight itineraries per day to find travelers the best airfare deals to that place.
FYI: If you aren’t too keen on using your phone to search they also created a microsite for desktop.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.