Last month we featured Shaka Guide, a GPS-based guide app for Hawaii. The post was well-received and generated some great reader input—including the suggestion that I check out a similar app built for more destinations and that’s even more highly rated.
Just like Shaka Guide, GyPSy Guide uses the location service/GPS chip in your device to trigger professional tour guide commentary along scenic drive routes and road trips. GPS signal is free, so no connection to cellular, data or Wi-Fi is required while touring. The app is free to download for both iOS and Android but each destination costs money (from $3.99 to $9.99). There are currently tours for 34 North American destinations ranging from Arches Canyonlands to Yellowstone. The complete list is below:
- Arches National Park GyPSy
- Banff Townsite GyPSy Guide
- Banff Lake Louise Yoho GyPSy
- Big Island Hawaii Gypsy Guide
- Calgary to Banff GyPSy Guide
- Canyonlands Moab GyPSy Guide
- Drumheller GyPSy Guide
- Oahu GyPSy Guide Driving Tour
- Going to the Sun Road GyPSy
- Grand Canyon South Rim GyPSy
- Grand Teton GyPSy Guide Tour
- Haleakala Maui GyPSy Guide
- Icefields Parkway GyPSy Guide
- Jasper National Park GyPSy
- Kamloops to Banff GyPSy Tour
- Kamloops to Vancouver GyPSy
- Kauai GyPSy Guide
- Lake Louise to Kamloops GyPSy
- Las Vegas GyPSy Driving Tours
- Maui GyPSy Guide Driving Tour
- Miami to Key West GyPSy Guide
- Road to Hana Maui GyPSy Guide
- Rocky Mountain Nat Park GyPSy
- Vancouver to Kamloops GyPSy
- Vancouver Whistler GyPSy Guide
- Vancouver Downtown GyPSy Guide
- Vermont RT100 GyPSy Guide
- Volcanoes – Big Island GyPSy
- Waikiki to Pearl Harbor GyPSy
- Waterton & Alberta SW GyPSy
- Yellowstone GyPSy Guide Tour
- Yellowstone Grand Teton GyPSy
- Yosemite GyPSy Guide Tour
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.