This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
You see travelers at airports and on airplanes toting around travel pillows all the time. I’m a pretty streamlined traveler so I try to minimize the number of extras I have to juggle, especially now that I’m a mom traveling with two little kids. But if you’re hoping to get some shut-eye on the plane, a travel pillow is a reasonable thing to bring along. But is it comfortable? Does it really work? Is it worth the effort of carting it around? If you think travel pillows are only so-so when it comes to comfort, or maybe even find them uncomfortable, maybe that’s because you’ve been doing it all wrong. What?! Yep. A travel pillow seems like a pretty straightforward thing to use but as I was scrolling through TikTok last night, I came across this video that left me shook. You’ll just have to watch it for yourself:
@sidneyrazyou can actually sleep on a flight #traveltipsandtricks #inmy30s♬ original sound – sidneyraz
Please tell me that I’m not the only one who has always thought that a travel pillow was supposed to be secured with the opening at the front? I mean, I’ve never given it a lot of thought and that’s how I’ve always seen people wearing them so I assumed that was the correct way. But this TikToker’s way obviously makes so much more sense. Now, I’m more inclined to actually travel with a travel pillow and put this theory to the test. Scroll down for some of my travel pillow suggestions.
Need a new travel pillow for your next flight? Check out some of these options:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.