When people ask me for help getting kids to fall asleep on a plane, my go-to gadget is the FlyTot (there’s now a new and improved 2.0 version). Well, my new, second gadget is the Armrest Buddy (retailing on Amazon for $24.99).
The Armrest Buddy by Roamwild is two things in one: a specially designed super-soft pillow that slips snugly over a plane seat armrest and a built-in blanket that keeps the child cozy and warm. (Just make sure you’re not in the bulkhead because it won’t slip over those armrests.)
The man behind the idea is James Thorn, previously a senior product engineer at Dyson. In the press release, James says: “We were on the way back from Spain and my youngest refused to wear the travel neck pillow we bought for the trip. I spent most of the flight with my head in my hands – but the good news is it prompted me to come up with Armrest Buddy. I knew it would work after testing the first prototype. My son fell asleep very quickly on the next flight we took – and now we have Armrest Buddy.”
Here are the details from the source:
- A plush well-padded fun character that fits onto any armrest and doubles up as a pillow or super soft leaning area.
- Also includes a generously sized kids travel blanket. Made from soft plush material, this keeps them warm while traveling long-haul or short-haul, and when not in use the child’s blanket neatly stores inside the soft toy.
- Ideal for kids traveling by plane, car, bus, coach, train or ferry.
- Made from all premium and hand washable fabrics.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.