Have you ever wondered what the best job in the world is? Some folks in Australia think there are six jobs that qualify, and they’re all in Australia. In fact, Tourism Australia is so confident about it that they’re having a competition to decide who will get to be the six lucky employees.
The six ‘Best Jobs in the World’ each come with an attractive six month salary package worth A$100,000 including living costs and are:
- Chief Funster (New South Wales)
- Outback Adventurer (Northern Territory)
- Park Ranger (Queensland)
- Wildlife Caretaker (South Australia)
- Lifestyle Photographer (Melbourne)
- Taste Master (Western Australia)
The competition was unveiled today in Cairns, one of the country’s most popular destinations amongst young travellers, by the Federal Minister for Tourism, Martin Ferguson AM MP, alongside Ben Southall who was the winner of Tourism Queensland’s highly successful “Best Job in the World” campaign in 2009.
The “Best Jobs in the World” initiative is open to all travellers worldwide. Final deadline for the first round is 9:00 pm AEST April 10, 2013 (7:00 am PST, April 9, 2013).
Tourism Australia Managing Director Andrew McEvoy said the competition provided an excellent platform to entice more young people from around the world to come to Australia to holiday and work.
“We’ve taken one of the most successful tourism campaigns in recent times – “Best Job in the World” – and made it bigger and better by coming up with a competition which represents the very best of our country – our breath-taking landscapes and scenery, our unique nature and wildlife, great food and wine and, of course, our huge sense of fun,” Mr McEvoy said.
Ben Southall added: “A few years ago I won “The Best Job in the World” – being an Island Caretaker on the Great Barrier Reef. Unfortunately for me, my time is up. But luckily for the world ‘The Best Job in the World’ is back. This time there’s not one, but six amazing jobs in Australia up for grabs.”
Jane Whitehead, Tourism Australia Vice President, Americas added that the competition was expected to appeal to youth travellers’ sense of fun and adventure and also those seeking a gap year and international experience.
“Australia, with its quality of living, wage levels and job opportunities offers attractive options for those that want to strengthen and round out their resumes while having the time of their life experiencing a beautiful and dynamic country.”
For those who are interested in exploring work and travel opportunities beyond the competition jobs, Tourism Australia has secured industry partners to support the campaign and help make it easier for young travellers to find jobs and make travel arrangements.
Virgin Australia and STA Travel are providing travel deals and travel options. For job opportunities, recruiter Monster.com has created an online ‘jobs board’, advertising temporary jobs within the Australian tourism industry that are suitable for travellers visiting the country on a Working Holiday or Work and Holiday Visa.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.