As noted in yesterday’s tip about new airline face mask rules, the number of people flying through American airports last Sunday (170,254 people passed TSA checkpoints) is just a fraction of the number seen one year prior. (On May 3, 2019, 2,512,598 people passed through TSA checkpoints.) For now, COVID-19 is keeping people (mostly) grounded.
While so many of us are stuck at home, United has made 14 aviation-themed teaching tools free for use. They’re pretty fun and clever, especially if you or your kids like aviation. The kits “were originally developed so that United employees could volunteer at schools and share their passion for the aviation industry” and “[capture] the STEM principles and creativity that are synonymous with aviation and travel.” They’re available for three different age groups:
- Grades K-2
- Grades 3-5
- Grades 6-8
More on United’s aviation-themed activities
All the activities are available to download free on this page. Among the aviation-themed activities:
- Passport making (K-2)
- Paper plane making (K-2)
- Fake news broadcasts on famous aviation figures (3-5)
- Writing poems about other countries and cultures (6-8)
- Learning about careers in aviation (6-8)
What do you think?
Tried these out? Let me know what you thought in the comments below!
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,700!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.