I’m always looking for ways to save money when I travel. Obviously one of the main strategies is to use frequent flyer miles or credit card points to offset travel costs (if you can pay off your credit card bills each month in full then consider getting a credit card that has a credit bonus, like some of these).
Even when you have a large amount of frequent flier miles and credit card points, you still want to get the best value—so it’s prudent to shop around. A new site called AwardEx. You just search for a flight either by city or airport codes, then select one of the desired programs such as CHASE Ultimate Rewards, Citi Thank You Points, AMEX Membership rewards, SPG Preferred Guest, and/or sixty airline programs (sadly they don’t have AA as a partner yet). From your options, you can choose a preferred itinerary to get booking instructions. Sadly, to get the booking info you need to sign up to the site either via your Facebook account or your email. They say they first five credits—used to find real time award seat availability—are free.
I just did a quick search for a one-way flight from L.A. to Toronto and 181 results were found. The cheapest was for 12,500 points + $5.60, which is a great deal. AwardEx doesn’t have an app yet but according to the site, there will be one for iOS in the near future.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.