By: Trishna Patel
Last Monday, millions of women watched as Sonoma wine-maker, Ben Flajnik proposed to last lady standing, Courtney Robertson on top of a breathtaking mountain peak in Zermatt, Switzerland. And whether you’re Bachelor series die-hard or a jaded cynic (I belong to the latter) there is one thing both camps are likely to agree on.
Those date destinations are bad ass. And it got me thinking. Is it easier to believe you’re falling in love when you’re on vacation?
Now in the honor of the season finale and perhaps to the dismay of boyfriends, fiancés, and husbands around the world- Rail Europe is offering two special deals that allows lovebirds to travel in true Bachelor fashion.
The first one is The Bachelor Romance Package– offered for a limited time and only bookable online- which includes the same travel and board as Ben and his bachelorettes in episodes 9 & 10. With the rail passes in hand, (your choice of 1st or 2nd class) there’s never a wait at ticket counters or scramble to collect euros. This assures a relaxing yet efficient trip that includes unlimited travel on trains, buses and boats through designated cities.
The package also features a four-night stay at either the Victoria-Jungfrau Grand Hotel– coined one of the most beautiful hotels in Sweden and located on top of the Bernese Oberlands or the Grand Hotel Zermatterhof with a pristine view of the Matterhorn Peak.
Maybe I could say “I love you” as I sip on champagne enjoying the views at one of the most luxurious and hospitable hotels of the Swiss countryside? Afterall, an open-mind never hurt anyone…
That being said, another package offered to romantically inclined travelers is Rail Europe’s Peaks of the World Package, available all year long. Lovers can travel with their Swiss card (includes five transfers) to some of the world’s most beautiful mountaintops, explore the charming villages, and play/ski like a local. This packages also includes a four night accommodation in a three-star hotel of your choice in either Interlaken or Grindelwald or an equally lovely two nights in Zermatt.
All this love talk has got me feeling a bit queasy. But that’s because I’m a sell out. And for all of this, I’d drop the L-bomb stat.
The Bachelor Romance Package: Offer is only bookable online through Rail Europe from March 12 to July 12, 2012. Two adults with first class rail travel and 5-star hotel, starting from $2,793 USD/ $2,906 CAD pp. Two adults with second class rail travel and 5-star hotel, starting from $2,696 USD/ $2,805 CAD pp.
Peaks Of The World Package: Available year-around. Two adults with 1st class rail travel and 3-star hotel, starting from $1,017 USD/ $1,058 CAD pp. Two adults with 2nd class rail travel and 3-star hotel, starting from $920 USD/ $957 CAD pp. Intinerary cannot be changed, but traveler can choose direction of travel.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.