One of my basic travel tips is to always pack an extra pair of glasses, in case one pair breaks or gets lost. Well, here’s a company that sells reading glasses that make for a great backup for your backup…
ThinOptics, maker of the world’s thinnest reading glasses, just launched its second generation of glasses, the stylish and elegant Frontpage Collection. Each pair weighs just 9g (0.01lbs), making it the lightest full-frame model of reading glasses, as well. You can select your strength on Amazon. What’s even more amazing is that each pair comes in a 4mm (0.4cm) aircraft aluminum case that can slip into a pocket or attach to the back of a phone, tablet, laptop, or e-reader.
Frontpage Collection glasses come in two styles—the ovular Manhattan and the rectangular Brooklyn—and in a multitude of colors and strengths. As the ThinOptics PR person wrote to me, “This new product is perfect for the avid traveler – reading on planes, and more… OR just the absentminded person who is always forgetting his or her glasses!” You can grab a pair for just $19.99, which seems like a small price to pay for peace of mind.
I put mine in my carry-on bag since they take up so little room.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.