One of my basic travel tips is to always pack an extra pair of glasses, in case one pair breaks or gets lost. Well, here’s a company that sells reading glasses that make for a great backup for your backup…
ThinOptics, maker of the world’s thinnest reading glasses, just launched its second generation of glasses, the stylish and elegant Frontpage Collection. Each pair weighs just 9g (0.01lbs), making it the lightest full-frame model of reading glasses, as well. You can select your strength on Amazon. What’s even more amazing is that each pair comes in a 4mm (0.4cm) aircraft aluminum case that can slip into a pocket or attach to the back of a phone, tablet, laptop, or e-reader.
Frontpage Collection glasses come in two styles—the ovular Manhattan and the rectangular Brooklyn—and in a multitude of colors and strengths. As the ThinOptics PR person wrote to me, “This new product is perfect for the avid traveler – reading on planes, and more… OR just the absentminded person who is always forgetting his or her glasses!” You can grab a pair for just $19.99, which seems like a small price to pay for peace of mind.
I put mine in my carry-on bag since they take up so little room.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.