One of my basic travel tips is to always pack an extra pair of glasses, in case one pair breaks or gets lost. Well, here’s a company that sells reading glasses that make for a great backup for your backup…
ThinOptics, maker of the world’s thinnest reading glasses, just launched its second generation of glasses, the stylish and elegant Frontpage Collection. Each pair weighs just 9g (0.01lbs), making it the lightest full-frame model of reading glasses, as well. You can select your strength on Amazon. What’s even more amazing is that each pair comes in a 4mm (0.4cm) aircraft aluminum case that can slip into a pocket or attach to the back of a phone, tablet, laptop, or e-reader.
Frontpage Collection glasses come in two styles—the ovular Manhattan and the rectangular Brooklyn—and in a multitude of colors and strengths. As the ThinOptics PR person wrote to me, “This new product is perfect for the avid traveler – reading on planes, and more… OR just the absentminded person who is always forgetting his or her glasses!” You can grab a pair for just $19.99, which seems like a small price to pay for peace of mind.
I put mine in my carry-on bag since they take up so little room.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.