Each Friday, we feature a reader-submitted tip as our Travel Tip of the Day. This week’s tip come from reader Elliot L. (who provided this tip, as well), who says:
“On the last night of any cruise the cruise line always has you leave your bags outside the room in the open corridors of the ship so the crew can take them off for you upon arrival at port in the early morning. After picking up your bags off the ship, you usually rush off for your flight home. It is extremely important to check your bag to make sure nothing has been placed in it by an unknown person as it has been out of your sight for more than 12 hours.”
That’s one reason I usually go carry-on only: so I never have to leave my bags out. If I do leave a bag out for pick-up, I make sure there’s nothing of value in it and lock it up. Thanks, Elliot!
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,115!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.