If you’ve been watching the news, you might think that all 700 islands in the Bahamas have been hit hard by Hurricane Dorian. But that’s only the case for the northern part, where Grand Bahama and the Abacos are located. The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation (BMOTA) wants the world to know that the majority of the nation’s islands, including 14 of the most commonly visited, are open for business. And if you want to help the affected parts of the Bahamas recover from the storm, the BMOTA wants you to know that the best thing you can do is visit the Bahamas.
Here are a few of the commonly visited islands where airports, cruise ports, hotels, and attractions are open:
- Nassau and Paradise Island
- The Exumas
- Eleuthera and Harbour Island
- The Berry Islands
- Cat Island
- Long Island
- San Salvador
- Rum Cay
- Acklins and Crooked Island
How to help the Bahamas
On this page, the BMOTA has a list of reputable organizations to which you can donate money plus locations in the U.S. and Canada at which you can drop off needed supplies. You can also check out our post from last week on how to help the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian.
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,533!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.