This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
If you’re looking for possibly the best white elephant gift or the perfect conversation starter this gift-giving season, then you have to consider the banana phone.
That’s right, the Banana Phone ($39.99) is a fun and wacky Bluetooth-enabled handheld device that’s shaped like a banana. The company sent me one to test out and I secretly charged it (so my son didn’t see) with the USB cable that comes with it and then paired it with my iPhone; it works with Android, too.
RELATED: Genius iPhone Hack to Track Flights
All you do is press the multifunction button on the Banana Phone and then go to the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone and pair it. It took about 30 seconds. My kids did a triple take when I said, “Your mom is on the phone,” and handed them the Banana Phone.
Jack said, “That’s a banana silly, that’s not a phone!” But when he heard his mother talking (she was out on her daily walk) his eyes almost popped out of his head.
Here are the details: The Banana Phone is both a Bluetooth mobile handset and a speaker that can connect to virtually any smartphone so you can take calls, listen to music, or activate Google or Siri when your hands are full.
Banana Phone Highlights:
-60 feet Bluetooth range
-Make phone calls or play your favorite music
-20 hour talk time
-120-hour Idle time
-2% of all revenue is donated to Gearing Up for Gorillas to support Gorilla Conservation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo while working with 1% for the Planet
Sound a-peeling yet? To learn more, check out bananaphone.io or buy on Amazon.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.