This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Editor’s Note: Some of the offers below may have expired or are no longer available on our site.
Barclays is no longer accepting new applications for its Barclays Arrival Premier World Elite Mastercard. However, these changes do not affect current Arrival Premier owners. You can continue to use your Arrival Premier card to earn up to 25,000 loyalty bonus miles and enjoy the other flexible travel benefits.
Although Barclays considers offering the Arrival Premier a “smart risk,” the card never gained the anticipated foothold. Instead, they are “pivoting” and focusing on the longstanding Barclays Arrival Plus.
Apply for the Barclaycard Arrival Plus Instead
The Arrival Plus is flat-rate travel rewards credit card. You earn 2 miles per $1 spent on any purchase. While you can redeem your miles for both travel and non-travel rewards, travel rewards are your most valuable redemption option.
With the Arrival Plus, you can enjoy these travel benefits:
- 2x Miles on All Purchases
- 5% Travel Redemption Bonus
- International Chip and Pin Technology
- Limited-time 70,000 Bonus Miles Offer
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
Earn 70,000 Bonus Miles Worth $700
As a new cardholder, you can earn 70,000 bonus miles if you spend $5,000 in the first 90 days.
This bonus is worth $700. You can redeem your miles for travel or cash statement credits. Gift cards and merchandise are two other redemption options.
Enjoy a 5% Travel Redemption Bonus
Your rewards miles are most valuable as a travel statement credit.
When you redeem them for recent travel purchases, you get 5% of your miles back. For example, you will get 3,500 miles back when you redeem your 70,000 bonus miles as a travel statement credit. Plus, you can redeem your miles for any travel purchase.
Have Peace of Mind When You Travel Abroad
If you travel abroad often, you know the importance of Chip and Pin technology. The Arrival Plus is a true chip and pin credit card. When you must enter a pin number at a self-payment kiosk, use the Arrival Plus.
On top of the convenience of the chip and pin is the fact that you won’t have to pay any foreign transaction fees.
The Barclays Arrival Premier isn’t going away, but you can no longer apply for it. Thankfully, you can still enjoy the flat-rate Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® (Expired). It also earns 2x miles on all purchases. Plus, you get a 5% travel statement credit redemption bonus.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.