This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Business purchases are one of the quickest ways to rack up the miles. Whether you buy lunch for a client meeting, book travel for a client, or advertise on the Internet, you can earn bonus miles on most purchases. This task is even easier when focus on having the best business credit cards for airline miles instead of cash rewards.
Best Business Credit Cards For Airline Miles
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express – Earn up to 75,000 points offer
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card – Earn up to 100,000 points bonus offer
- American Express® Business Gold Card – 4x points on select categories, 25% back for flights
- Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
- Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express – 2x points on everyday business purchases, up to $50,000 annually
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card – Earn up to 100,000 points
Airline miles are usually the most valuable credit card rewards points you can redeem. This is especially true if you can transfer them directly to an airline and save them for business or first class cabin tickets. Also, many of the cards listed are also some of the best credit cards for startups and are generally on some of the ‘best’ lists.
Most of these cards offer point transfers and travel redemption bonuses. They also make it easy to earn bonus miles on common purchases. Some of these business cards for airline miles offer other travel benefits that add extra value to the card.
So What is the Best Business Card for Airline Miles?
The Business Platinum from American Express
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express is the quickest way to earn the most miles when buying airfare. You get 5x Membership Rewards points on all flights and hotels you book on AmexTravel.com. Any purchase larger than $5,000 earns 1.5x points (up to one million points annually) instead of the 1 point per $1 base rate.
You get 35% of your redeemed points back (up to 500,000 points per year) when booking any flight on the airline of your choice or a premium cabin seat on most airlines. Your points might be worth more by transferring them to 1:1 Membership Rewards airline partners including Delta, Emirates, British Airways, or Singapore Airlines.
This card offers a suite of air travel benefits that frequent business flyers will enjoy:
- Centurion, Priority Pass Select, and Delta Sky Club lounge access (plus several more!)
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit
- Up to $200 airline fee credit (in the form of statement credits) at one qualifying airline annually for baggage fees and other incidentals charged by the airline to your Business Platinum Card
Also, cardholders can take advantage of the Pay Over Time Option, a flexible payment option to help manage cash for purchases of $100 or more.
There is also an opportunity for new cardholders to earn 75,000 Membership Rewards as part of the welcome offer. You’ll need to spend $15,000 on qualifying purchases in the first 3 months of account opening in order to earn the 75,000 points.
Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, phone, and cable services
- Search engine and social media advertising
Your points are worth 1.25 cents each when booking any award travel on the Expedia-powered Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal. Each point is only worth 1 cent each for cash rewards. You can also transfer your points to 13 travel partners at a 1:1 ratio including United, Southwest, British Airways, Emirates, and World of Hyatt.
The annual fee is $95 per year. This card also has a massive signup bonus of 100,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards points worth $1,250 in award travel. The bonus is yours by spending $15,000 in the first 3 months.
American Express Business Gold Card
If you don’t need fringe travel benefits like airport lounge access the Amex Business Platinum offers, you can still earn up to 4x Membership Rewards with the American Express® Business Gold Card.
You earn 4x points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month (the 4x points apply to the first $150,000 in combined purchases annually, all other purchases earn 1x per $1 spent). Your bonus category options include:
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- Gas stations (U.S. purchases)
- Shipping purchases (U.S. purchases)
- Restaurants (U.S. purchases)
- TV, radio, and online advertising (U.S. purchases)
- Computer hardware, software, and cloud solutions technology provider (U.S. purchases)
When booking award flights on AmexTravel.com, you can get 25% of your points back (up to 250,000 points per year). Or, you can transfer them to the 1:1 Membership Rewards airline partners with the American Express Business Gold.
Cardholders also have access to a Pay Over Time Option, which is a flexible payment option, with interest, to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more (terms apply).
The annual fee is $295 (See Rates & Fees). This can be a better option when you can’t maximize the Business Platinum benefits. Still, you can compare the Amex Business Gold vs Amex Business Platinum if you are still undecided.
Capital One Spark Miles for Business
The information for the Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Earn unlimited 2x miles per $1 you spend with the Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business. Your miles are redeemable for travel statement credits, booking future travel, and transferring to frequent flyer programs. Capital One also covers your Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee, with a credit of up to $100.
The annual fee is $0 for the first year and then $95. Check out our Capital One Spark Business Cards review for more details as well as details on the other Spark cards.
Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express
Not all of the best business credit cards for airline miles have an annual fee. The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express has no annual fee (See Rates & Fees) and earns 2x Membership Rewards points on the first $50,000 in annual everyday business purchases (1x point per $1 thereafter). When your other Amex business credit cards only earn 1x point per $1, use the Blue Business Plus instead.
Cardholders can also enjoy more flexibility to use their card for more purchases and rewards when buying above their credit limit. While this amount is not unlimited, it does adjust with card use, payment history, credit record, financial reasons known to AMEX, and other factors. Expanded Buying Power gives businesses more ways to earn points and maximize their card.
Your points are worth 1 cent each when booking award flights through AmexTravel. You can also transfer your points on a 1:1 basis to the Membership Rewards transfer partners.
Check out the other best business credit cards with no annual fee for more examples.
United Business Card
The United℠ Business Card, one of the best United credit cards, earns 2x MileagePlus miles on United Airlines, restaurants and eligible delivery services, gas stations, local transit, and office supply stores. All other spending earns an unlimited 1x mile per $1.
This card currently has one of the best credit card offers of 75,000 bonus miles after making qualifying purchases.
Other United travel benefits this card offers include:
- The first checked bag is free for you and one companion
- Priority boarding
- Premier upgrades for MileagePlus Premier members (when available)
- 2 United Club one-time passes at account opening and each card anniversary
- 5,000 bonus miles each card anniversary when you have the United Business Card and a personal United credit card
- $100 United travel credit after 7 United flight purchases of $100 or more each card anniversary year
As you can see, there are several annual benefits that can be beneficial to United flyers. The annual fee is $99 per year, with $0 the first year. The benefits can easily offset the annual fee. Award flights start at 12,500 for domestic flights. There are no foreign transaction fees.
Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card is the newest addition to the best Southwest credit cards family. This card is great if you fly Southwest often as you get 365 in-flight WiFi credits each year, up to four Upgraded Bookings, and a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit.
You earn 3x points on Southwest purchases, 2x points for online advertising, Internet, phone and cable services, plus 1x points on everything else. Each card anniversary you get 9,000 bonus Rapid Rewards points.
And you can earn up to 100,000 bonus Rapid Rewards points. New cardholders earn 70,000 points after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. Plus, they’ll earn an additional 30,000 points after spending $25,000 on purchases in the first 6 months of account opening.
Any bonus offer points, anniversary points, and purchase rewards count toward the 125,000 required points to get the Southwest Companion Pass.
The annual fee is $199 but the ongoing card benefits and the 9,000-anniversary points can be well worth the fee.
Summary on Best Business Credit Cards for Airline Miles
When you want to earn the most valuable credit rewards points, the best business credit cards for airline miles is a great starting point. These cards make it easy to redeem your points for more than 1 cent each, which is the average redemption value for credit card points. Being able to earn bonus points on multiple business purchases (not just travel purchases) is another reason to consider these cards.
For rates and fees of The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, please click here.
For rates and fees of the American Express® Business Gold Card, please click here.
For rates and fees of The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express, please click here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
- 1 Best Business Credit Cards For Airline Miles
- 2 So What is the Best Business Card for Airline Miles?
- 3 The Business Platinum from American Express
- 4 Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
- 5 American Express Business Gold Card
- 6 Capital One Spark Miles for Business
- 7 Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express
- 8 United Business Card
- 9 Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card
- 10 Summary on Best Business Credit Cards for Airline Miles