This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Business purchases are some of the quickest ways to rack up the miles, even when working from home. Whether you’re buying office supplies, using your card to pay for shipping purchases and internet services, or even when buying digital advertisements, you can earn bonus miles on most purchases.
Also, this is an exciting time to find the best business credit cards for airline miles because many of the cards listed below also have significant signup/welcome bonuses that can earn you plenty of miles.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Best Business Credit Cards For Airline Miles
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express – Earn 100,000 points
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card – Earn 100,000 points
- American Express® Business Gold Card – 4x points on select categories, 25% back for flights*
- Capital One Spark Miles for Business – Unlimited 2x miles
- The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express – 2x points on everyday business purchases, up to $50,000 annually
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card – Earn 80,000 points
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card – 50,000 bonus miles
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® – Earn 65,000 miles
What To Know About The Best Business Cards for Airline Miles
Airline miles are usually the most valuable credit card rewards points you can redeem. This is especially true if you can transfer them directly to an airline and save them for business or first-class cabin tickets. Also, many of the cards listed are also some of the best credit cards for startups and are generally on some of the ‘best’ lists, including the best small business credit cards available.
Most of these cards offer point transfers and travel redemption bonuses. They also make it easy to earn bonus miles on common purchases and add extra value to the card.
The Business Platinum from American Express
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express is the quickest way to earn the most miles when buying airfare. You get 5x Membership Rewards points on all flights and hotels you book on AmexTravel.com. Any purchase larger than $5,000 earns 1.5x points (up to one million points annually) instead of the 1 point per $1 base rate.
You get 35% of your redeemed points back (up to 500,000 points per year) when booking any flight on the airline of your choice or a premium cabin seat on most airlines. Your points might be worth more by transferring them to 1:1 Membership Rewards airline partners including Delta, Emirates, British Airways, or Singapore Airlines.
The Business Platinum Card offers a suite of air travel benefits that frequent business flyers will enjoy:
- Centurion, Priority Pass Select, and Delta Sky Club lounge access (plus several more!—enrollment may be required)
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit
- Up to $200 airline fee credit (in the form of statement credits—enrollment required) at one qualifying airline annually for baggage fees and other incidentals charged by the airline to your Business Platinum Card
Also, cardholders can take advantage of the Pay Over Time Option, a flexible payment option to help manage cash for purchases of $100 or more (terms and conditions apply).
New The Business Platinum Card® from American Express cardholders have the opportunity to earn 100,000 Membership Rewards as part of the welcome offer. To earn the 100,000 bonus points, they need to spend $15,000 on eligible purchases on their card in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
This card has a $595 annual fee (See Rates & Fees).
Learn more about the welcome bonus as well as other card features in our in-depth Amex Business Platinum Card review.
Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
The best Chase business credit card for airline miles is hands-down the Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card. Why? For one, you earn 3x Ultimate Rewards on the first $150,000 in combined purchases annually for:
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, phone, and cable services
- Search engine and social media advertising
Your points are worth 1.25 cents each when booking any award travel on the Expedia-powered Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal. Each point is only worth 1 cent each for cash rewards. You can also transfer your points to several Chase travel partners at a 1:1 ratio including United, Southwest, British Airways, Emirates, and World of Hyatt. This gives you more flexibility versus having limited options with a co-brand airline credit card (though, that may be better for you—keep reading to see how).
The annual fee is $95 per year. This card also has a massive signup bonus of 100,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards points worth $1,250 in award travel. The bonus is yours by spending $15,000 in the first 3 months.
You can read more details in our in-depth Ink Business Preferred Credit Card review or you may even want to compare cards, like in this comparison of the American Express Business Platinum vs Chase Ink Business Preferred.
American Express Business Gold Card
If you don’t need fringe travel benefits like airport lounge access the Amex Business Platinum offers, you can still earn up to 4x Membership Rewards with the American Express® Business Gold Card.
You earn 4x points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month (the 4x points apply to the first $150,000 in combined purchases annually, all other purchases earn 1x per $1 spent)*. Your bonus category options include:
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- Gas stations (U.S. purchases)
- Shipping purchases (U.S. purchases)
- Restaurants (U.S. purchases)
- TV, radio, and online advertising (U.S. purchases)
- Computer hardware, software, and cloud solutions technology provider (U.S. purchases)
When booking award flights on AmexTravel.com, you can get 25% of your points back (up to 250,000 points per year)*. Or, you can transfer them to the 1:1 Membership Rewards airline partners with the American Express Business Gold.
Cardholders also have access to a Pay Over Time Option, which is a flexible payment option, with interest, to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more (terms apply).
New American Express® Business Gold Card cardholders can earn 70,000 points after spending $10,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.*
The annual fee is $295 (See Rates & Fees). This can be a better option when you can’t maximize the Business Platinum benefits. Still, you can compare the Amex Business Gold vs Amex Business Platinum if you are still undecided.
Capital One Spark Miles for Business
Earn unlimited 2x miles per $1 you spend with the Capital One Spark Miles for Business. Your miles are redeemable for travel statement credits, booking future travel, and transferring to Capital One travel partners. Also, Capital One has expanded its partner list and announced new airport lounges that give this card more value. Capital One also covers your Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee, with a credit of up to $100.
New cardholders can earn a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles – equal to $500 in travel – once you spend $4,500 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
The annual fee is $0 for the first year and then $95. Check out our Capital One Spark Business Cards review for more details as well as details on the other Spark cards.
Learn more: Business Credit Cards
The Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express
Not all of the best business credit cards for airline miles have an annual fee. The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express has no annual fee (See Rates & Fees) and earns 2x Membership Rewards points on the first $50,000 in annual everyday business purchases (1x point per $1 thereafter). When your other Amex business credit cards only earn 1x point per $1, use the Blue Business Plus instead.
Cardholders can also enjoy more flexibility to use their card for more purchases and rewards when buying above their credit limit. While this amount is not unlimited, it does adjust with card use, payment history, credit record, financial reasons known to AMEX, and other factors. Expanded Buying Power gives businesses more ways to earn points and maximize their card.
With The Amex Blue Business Plus, your points are worth 1 cent each when booking award flights through AmexTravel. You can also transfer your points on a 1:1 basis to the Membership Rewards transfer partners.
Check out the other best business credit cards with no annual fee for more examples.
United Business Card
The United℠ Business Card earns 2x MileagePlus miles on United Airlines, restaurants (including eligible delivery services), gas stations, local transit, and office supply stores. All other spending earns an unlimited 1x mile per $1.
This card currently has one of the best credit card offers of the ability to earn 75,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. The annual fee is $99 per year but is waived the first year.
Other United travel benefits this card offers include:
- The first checked bag is free for you and one companion
- Priority boarding
- Premier upgrades for MileagePlus Premier members (when available)
- 2 United Club one-time passes at account opening and each card anniversary
- 5,000 bonus miles each card anniversary when you have the United Business Card and a personal United credit card
- $100 United travel credit after 7 United flight purchases of $100 or more each anniversary year
As you can see, there are several annual benefits that can be beneficial to United flyers (it is one of the best United credit cards). The benefits can easily offset the annual fee. Award flights start at 12,500 for domestic flights. There are no foreign transaction fees.
Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card is the newest addition to the best Southwest credit cards family. This card is great if you fly Southwest often as you get 365 in-flight WiFi credits each year, up to four Upgraded Bookings, and a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit.
You earn 3x points on Southwest purchases, 2x points for online advertising, Internet, phone, and cable services, plus 1x points on everything else. Each card anniversary you get 9,000 bonus Rapid Rewards points.
New Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card card members can earn 80,000 bonus points after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening.
Any bonus offer points, anniversary points, and purchase rewards count toward the 125,000 required points to get the Southwest Companion Pass.
The annual fee is $199 but the ongoing card benefits and the 9,000-anniversary points can be well worth the fee. This is one of the best Southwest business credit cards.
Delta SkyMiles Gold Business American Express Card
If you are loyal to Delta and Delta’s partners, the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card might work perfectly for you. Cardholders can earn 2x miles on every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta, on every dollar spent on eligible U.S. purchases for advertising in select media, on every dollar spent on eligible U.S. shipping purchases, and on every eligible dollar spent at restaurants. Cardholders earn 1x mile on every eligible dollar spent on other purchases. There is no limit to how much you can earn.
Cardholders also get free checked bags and priority boarding.
New cardholders can earn 50,000 bonus miles and a $50 statement credit after spending $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Additionally, take $100 off your next Delta flight – after you spend $10,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you will earn a $100 Delta Flight Credit to use toward future travel.
There is also a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99 (See Rates & Fees). Terms and conditions apply.
It is one of the best Delta credit cards.
CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard
The information for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
American Airlines also has a co-brand card with Citi bank. The CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® comes with first checked bag free for you and up to four travel companions, priority boarding on AA flights, and 25% in-flight AA savings on Wi-Fi, food, and beverage purchases on AA flights when you use your card to pay.
- Cable and satellite providers
- Eligible American Airlines purchases
- Gas stations
- Select telecommunications merchants
- Car rentals
Cardholders also earn 1 mile for every $1 spent on other purchases. Additionally, you may earn an American Airlines Companion Certificate for domestic travel after $30,000 in purchases each cardmembership year and cardmembership is renewed. Fees apply.
New CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard cardholders can earn 65,000 bonus miles after spending $4,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of account opening.
The annual fee is $99, but it is waived in the first 12 months of the account opening. There are no foreign transaction fees.
When you want to earn the most valuable credit rewards points, the best business credit cards for airline miles are a great starting point. These cards make it easy to redeem your points for more than 1 cent each, which is the average redemption value for credit card points. Being able to earn bonus points on multiple business purchases (not just travel purchases) is another reason to consider these cards.
- 7 Best Credit Cards for Shipping Purchases
- Best Airline Miles Credit Cards 2021
- Best Metal Business Credit Cards To Earn Rewards & More
For rates and fees of The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, please click here.
For rates and fees of the American Express® Business Gold Card, please click here.
And for rates and fees of The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express, please click here.
For rates and fees of the Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card, please click here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
- 1 Best Business Credit Cards For Airline Miles
- 2 The Business Platinum from American Express
- 3 Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
- 4 American Express Business Gold Card
- 5 Capital One Spark Miles for Business
- 6 The Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express
- 7 United Business Card
- 8 Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card
- 9 Delta SkyMiles Gold Business American Express Card
- 10 CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard
- 11 Summary