This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Running a successful business can require a lot of work. Having one of the best business credit card and business checking account combos can have several advantages. It’s possible to maximize your business spending and waive several common banking fees that chip away at the bottom line.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
The Best Business Credit and Checking Account Combos
Below are several business credit and checking account combos that you may find to be valuable. Additionally, you may be able to waive monthly fees.
Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
The Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card is probably the best overall business credit card for many niches. One reason why is that business purchases earn Chase Ultimate Rewards. These are some of the most valuable credit card points for business and personal rewards.
Cardholders earn 3 Ultimate Rewards per $1 on the first $150,000 in combined annual spending for these purchases:
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable, and phone services
- Social media and search engine advertising purchases
All non-bonus spending earns 1 point per $1.
Each Ultimate Rewards point is worth 25% more (1.25 cents each) when redeemed for award travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards. One can also transfer points at a 1:1 ratio to airlines and hotels including United Airlines, Southwest Airlines, World of Hyatt, and Marriott.
Two extra card benefits of note include free cell phone protection (up to $600 per claim) and primary rental car collision damage waiver for business travel car rentals.
Cardholders can redeem points for cash back, gift cards, travel, and more (points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards). Points don’t expire as long as the account is open. Additionally, cardholders get fraud protection and zero liability. Purchase protection covers new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft, up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account.
New cardmembers can earn a signup bonus of 100,000 Ultimate Rewards ($1,250 award travel value) by spending $15,000 in the first 3 months.
The annual fee is $95 and additional employee cards are free.
Chase Business Complete Banking
There are three different Chase business checking account options. The Chase Business Complete Banking℠ is the easiest to waive monthly service fees yet offers many business perks. Some of the options to waive the monthly service fee include maintaining a minimum daily balance or purchases on your Chase Ink Business credit card (some of the best Chase business credit cards available).
Additionally, account holders have access to built-in card acceptance which means card payments can be accepted anytime, anywhere in the U.S., and get transparent pricing with Chase QuickAccept. With Chase QuickAccept, transparent pricing is included as well as card payments accepted anytime, anywhere in the U.S. QuickAccept also allows for same-day deposits, at no additional cost.
Other benefits include unlimited electronic deposits, ACH, and Chase QuickDeposit℠. Accountholders get alerts to help manage account activity as well as online and mobile access. Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and more than 4,700 branches is also a perk to having this account.
It’s also possible to get up to $300 bonus cash by opening a new Chase Business Complete Banking account with qualifying activities.
To earn the $300 bonus, complete these qualifying activities:
- Open a Chase Business Complete Banking℠ account online or in-branch
- Deposit at least $2,000 in new money within 30 days of account opening
- Maintain a minimum $2,000 balance for 60 days
- Complete 5 qualifying transactions within 90 days of opening an account
This offer expires on 10/21/2021.
Capital One has several options but these two options are the best business credit card and checking account combos thanks to all of the rewards you can get. These options from Capital One let you enjoy cash or travel rewards.
- Credit Card: Capital One Spark Cash for Business
- Checking Account: Spark Business Basic Checking®
Capital One Spark Cash for Business
The information for the Capital One Spark Cash for Business has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
There are several Capital One business credit cards to choose from. Earning 2% cash back can give you more flexibility than travel rewards. If you want to earn cash rewards, consider if the Capital One Spark Cash for Business is for you.
All purchases earn 2% back and you can redeem your rewards for cash statement credits with no redemption minimum.
New cardholders can earn a $500 signup bonus after $4,500 in purchases during the first 3 months.
The annual fee is $0 for the first year and then $95 each card renewal. Additional employee cards are free.
Spark Business Basic Checking
The information for the Spark Business Basic Checking® has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
There are two Capital One Spark business checking accounts. The Spark Business Basic Checking® account is an entry-level product.
Account features include:
- Unlimited business transactions
- Up to $5,000 in cash deposits ($1 per additional $1,000 in cash deposits)
- Online and mobile banking
- Mobile deposits
- Online bill pay
It’s possible to waive the $15 monthly service fee with a $2,000 minimum 30- or 90-day average balance. There are also free business debit cards.
Bank of America
The winning Bank of America combo can be the following:
- Credit Card: Bank of America Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard®
- Checking Account: Business Advantage Checking
Preferred Rewards members can enjoy extra benefits including up to 75% more credit card points and interest rate discounts.
Bank of America Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard
The information for the Bank of America Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Bank of America Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card earns 1.5 points per $1 on all purchases. Booking travel through the Bank of America Travel Center earns 3 points per $1 and boosts your purchase power. There is no limit to how many points you can earn.
Points don’t expire either. Points can be redeemed for travel statement credits or booking award travel on the Bank of America Travel Center.
There is no annual fee and no foreign transaction fee to worry about. The signup bonus is 30,000 bonus points ($300 value) by making $3,000 in purchases during the first 90 days of the account opening.
Bank of America Business Advantage Relationship Banking
The information for the Bank of America Business Advantage Relationship Banking has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
There are two Bank of America Business Checking options. The Bank of America Business Advantage Relationship Banking account can be the best fit for most businesses due to the complimentary amenities.
Accountholders can enjoy QuickBooks® integration, customized account access per employee, plus one extra Business Advantage Relationship Banking account and one Business Advantage Savings account can be included for no monthly fee. There are also no fees for incoming wires, stop payments, electronic deposits, and more.
It’s possible to waive the $29.95 monthly fee by maintaining a $15,000 combined average monthly balance for each statement cycle.
If you have a small checking account balance or low monthly expenses, the alternative option, Business Advantage Fundamentals™ Banking, has flexible requirements.
The information for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
CitiBusiness has several checking account options but only two business credit cards. One credit card is for American Airlines (the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®) and the other is for Costco (the Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi). If you patronize either brand, Citi can be a good option.
- Credit Card: CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®
- Checking Account: CitiBusiness® Flexible Checking
CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard
American Airlines business flyers can benefit from the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®.
Card benefits include:
- First checked bag is free on domestic AA itineraries
- Preferred boarding on AA flights
- 25% savings on American Airlines inflight wifi when you use your card
- American Airlines Companion Certificate (domestic main cabin after 30,000 in annual purchases)
- Earn 2x AAdvantage miles on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 2x AAdvantage miles at telecom merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants, and gas stations (1x miles for all non-bonus purchases)
The signup bonus is 65,000 bonus AAdvantage miles after $4,000 in purchases in the first 4 months of the account opening.
The annual fee is $0 for the first 12 months and then $99 each renewal. Additional employee cards are free.
CitiBusiness Flexible Checking
The information for the CitiBusiness® Flexible Checking has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
There are several CitiBusiness checking accounts. The best option can depend on how many business items you make each statement period. The CitiBusiness® Flexible Checking account offers the best balance between features and potential fees.
Key account features include:
- 500 basic transactions monthly
- Up to $20,000 in free monthly cash transactions
- 60,000+ ATMs with no surcharge fees
- Overdraft protection is available
- $1 minimum opening deposit
Maintaining a $10,000 minimum account balance can waive the monthly fee that’s between $22 and $30. However, aspiring businesses must apply for an account at a local Citi branch.
For online-only business banks and no fees, consider Bank Novo. At the moment, Novo doesn’t offer a business credit card. However, this free business checking account pairs well with the American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card.
- Credit Card: American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
- Checking Account: Novo Free Business Checking
American Express Blue Business Cash Card
The American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card earns 2% back on the first $50,000 in eligible annual purchases. All remaining purchases earn 1% back until the next card anniversary. All cash back automatically redeems as a monthly statement credit. Just remember, the amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to American Express and other factors.
New American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card cardholders can earn a $250 statement credit after making $3,000 in purchases on their Card in the first 3 months.
There is no annual fee (See Rates & Fees).
Bank Novo Free Business Checking Account
The information for the Bank Novo Free Business Checking Account has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Bank Novo Free Business Checking Account is online-only but has no minimum balance requirement or monthly service fees. Account perks include:
- Free mailed checks, transfers and incoming wires
- ATM fee reimbursements
- Mobile check deposit and bill pay
- Small business tool discounts
Despite being an online-only bank, each Novo checking account has up to $250,000 in FDIC insurance like brick-and-mortar institutions.
Having local branch access may determine which bank has the best business credit card and checking combo. But if you have multiple options, you should compare the account features and see how easy it is to waive the monthly service fees. Going online-only is also worth it if you don’t need to deposit cash.
Can you waive monthly service fees for business checking accounts?
Most brick-and-mortar banks offer several ways to waive the monthly service fee for small business checking accounts. Below are the most common options:
- Maintain a minimum daily account balance
- Make a certain number of qualifying credit card or debit card purchases
- Use certain bank account features (i.e., remote deposit, payroll services)
- Qualify for a private client or elite banking status
Feature-rich accounts tend to have higher requirements than entry-level business accounts.
What is the best bank for small business checking?
Chase Bank can be the best bank for small business checking due to the nationwide branch and ATM access. Additionally, the online checking account makes it easy to bank online and accept local payments. It can also be easy to waive the monthly service fee with the Chase Business Complete Banking℠ tier.
Another reason to consider Chase is for its multiple small business credit cards. The Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card is the best for maximizing business travel thanks to its 25% travel redemption bonus. However, the other Ink Business cards with no annual fee excel at earning Chase Ultimate Rewards. Plus, there are several co-brand travel business credit cards too.
Related: The Best Chase Business Credit Cards
Which is the easiest bank to open a business account?
An online-only bank like Bank Novo can be the easiest way to open a business account as you don’t need to live near a local branch to qualify. However, you won’t be able to get in-person service, make cash deposits, and must deposit paper checks remotely.
For traditional banks, you may consider the bank you already have a personal relationship with. You may also consider national banks that make it easy to waive the monthly service fee. For instance, Chase Bank and Bank of America require lower account balances or credit card purchase minimums to waive the monthly services fees on business checking accounts.
- Best Chase Checking Accounts
- Chase Ink Business Preferred Review: 100k Point Offer (Worth $1250)
- Best Credit Card Reviews
For rates and fees of the American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card, please click here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.