This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
September is always an exciting time for Apple and tech fans. This September, we were introduced to the most powerful iPad Air yet, as well as the new Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Series 6. Then in October, Apple unveiled the new iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Max, and iPhone 12 mini. If you’re going to be the first of your friends to buy the iPhone, what credit card will you use? What are the best credit cards for the Apple iPhone?
The new iPhone 12 Mini starts at $699 while the iPhone 12 Pro and Max start at $999. There’s no doubt that this is a large investment. But with the right credit card, you will earn bonus points and enjoy free cell phone protection.
If you’re currently chipping away at a credit card signup offer, buying the new Apple iPhone helps you achieve it. But, if you’re in the market for a new credit card and phone, you might want to try one of these cards instead.
The Best Credit Card for Apple iPhone Purchases for Business Owners
Maybe you need to upgrade your business phone. If so, buy your new Apple iPhone with the Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card.
Business credit cards usually have higher signup bonus spending requirements than personal credit cards. Having to spend at least $5,000 in the first three months might not be difficult, but it isn’t a cakewalk either. Buying a new Apple iPhone is an easy purchase that can rake up costs, especially if you are looking to get a Pro or Max version with the most space.
Plus, the Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card has one of the most valuable signup bonuses for any credit card. After spending $15,000 in the first three months, you earn 100,000 points. Your 100,000 points are worth $1,250 for travel rewards on the Chase travel portal. It doesn’t matter if it’s air travel, hotel nights, guided tours, or a cruise. You get the 25% redemption bonus on all award travel redemptions.
There’s also the 1:1 point transfers to your favorite airline and hotel programs too. The Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card is a good choice due to all of the perks.
Free Cell Phone Protection
You get up to $600 in cell phone protection benefits. The deductible is $100. Plus, you can make up to three claims every 12 months. If you have multiple employees with company phones, this benefit can save you some cash.
To qualify, you must pay your cell phone bill with the Ink Business Preferred.
Earn 3x Points on Business Purchases
You will also earn 3x Chase Ultimate Rewards points for the following business purchases:
- Shipping Purchases
- Internet, Phone, and Cable
- Advertising on Social Media and Search Engines
Your purchases earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 in combined spending each anniversary year. All remaining purchases earn an unlimited 1 point per $1 spent.
Redeeming Your Chase Ultimate Rewards
The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card is an excellent credit card in many regards but mainly because of the flexibility to earn and redeem your rewards points. It also helps that Chase Ultimate Rewards points are some of the most valuable credit card points.
They are worth at least one cent each with any redemption option. But, they are worth at least 1.25 cents each for travel redemptions. The 25% redemption bonus applies to any travel redemption on the Chase travel portal.
But, you can find more value by transferring them on a 1:1 basis to an airline or hotel travel partner. With airlines specifically, each point can be worth at least two cents each! That’s double the standard value of most credit card points!
There are Chase travel partners, but some of the most popular options include:
- Southwest Airlines
- British Airways Avios
- World of Hyatt
You can book an award flight to any corner of the world with your rewards points.
The Best Credit Card for Apple iPhone Purchases for Consumers
The information related to Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card has been collected by Johnny Jet and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.
When you get the new iPhone, you might want to consider using the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card. This is a no annual fee travel rewards credit card. It also has some nice cell phone protection benefits.
Your phone costs as much as a good weekend trip. If you buy travel insurance, why not protect your $1000 smartphone too?
Free Cell Phone Protection
When you pay your monthly bill with the Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card, you get free cell phone protection. This saves you the cost of buying AppleCare or a similar cell phone insurance plan. You’re covered up to $600 in case your phone is lost or damaged. You only have to pay a $25 deductible.
Although you won’t recoup the entire purchase price of your phone, you get more back than other credit cards. Buying the iPhone 12 Mini for $699 puts you closest to a full reimbursement.
Get a Signup Bonus
New cardholders can earn a 20,000 point signup bonus after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months. This bonus is worth at least $200 in cash rewards. You can also redeem your points for:
- Gift Cards
- Charity Redemptions
The new iPhone purchase puts you on the way when you make a lump-sum purchase.
Earn 3x Points on Many Bonus Categories
You get 3x points on the following purchases:
- Dining (including eating out and ordering in)
- Travel Purchases (including flights, hotels, homestays, and car rentals)
- Gas Stations
- Rideshares and Public Transit
- Select popular streaming Services
These categories cover your most common monthly purchases (this is also one of the best credit cards for streaming services). When you combine the 3x purchase rewards and the air travel point redemption bonus, you’re enjoying many of the same point benefits as the Chase Sapphire Reserve® without the annual fee.
American Express Invites
Once you get your new iPhone, you can use it to capture moments for these unique experiences. The Wells Fargo Propel is issued by American Express. You can enjoy exclusive perks by owning an American Express card like the Propel.
Some of the purchases you may enjoy include:
- Complimentary Appetizers or Bottle of Wine
- Dining Discount
- Ticket Presales
Summary of Best Credit Cards for Apple iPhone Purchases
Buying the new iPhone is the perfect opportunity to earn a new signup bonus. When you pick a card with free cell phone protection, you also get free peace of mind. It’s not every day you make a large purchase on items such as the new Apple iPhone, so maximize your spending when you have the chance.
- Best Business Credit Cards for Cell Phones
- 5 Easiest Credit Cards to Apply For (and Get Approved)
- Different Types of Credit Cards: Which Is Best For You?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.