This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
One of your Thanksgiving Day traditions might be browsing the sales ads to look for the best Black Friday deals. In addition to finding irresistible prices, the best credit cards for Black Friday (and Cyber Monday) will boost your spending power. Here are some of the best cards to use to help you maximize your purchases.
Citi Double Cash Card
The Citi® Double Cash Card is a flat-rate cash rewards card and you get up to 2% back on purchases (1% back at the time of purchase and 1% when you make a payment). You can redeem your rewards as a cash statement credit, bank deposit, or paper check. There isn’t an annual fee and there is no limit to how much you can earn.
Related: Citi Double Cash Review
Chase Freedom Flex
The Chase Freedom Flex℠ is a tiered cash rewards card offering up to 5% back. These purchases earn bonus cash back:
- 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate (then 1% back)
- 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 3% cash back on dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services
- 3% cash back on drugstore purchases
- 1% on all other purchases
New Chase Freedom Flex℠ cardholders can earn a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
This card doesn’t have an annual fee and you can redeem your rewards for award travel, cash, and gift cards.
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is a favorite travel credit card as it earns some of the most valuable credit card points.
Enjoy new Chase Sapphire benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x points on dining, and 2x points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
Shopping through the Ultimate Rewards shopping mall can earn bonus points (we’ve seen rewards of up to 15x points per $1 spent!).
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card currently has an offer of 60,000 Ultimate Rewards points after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months from account opening, worth $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
The annual fee is $95.
Related: Chase Sapphire Preferred Review
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card makes it easy to maximize daily purchases for travel rewards. Each purchase earns 2 miles per $1. You can redeem your miles for travel statement credits, book upcoming travel or transfer to airlines and hotels. One additional perk is a fee credit of up to $100 for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck. The annual fee is $95.
New Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card cardholders can earn 60,000 miles after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
Related: Capital One Venture Card Review
Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card
The information for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Several credit cards make it possible to earn bonus rewards on Amazon purchases. One of the best options for Prime members is the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card.
Amazon.com and Whole Foods purchases earn 5% back. Gas stations, restaurants, and drugstores purchases earn 2% back. All non-bonus purchases earn 1% back. You can redeem your rewards for Amazon shopping credit. There is no annual fee and new cardmembers can receive an Amazon gift card bonus upon application approval.
U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card
The information for the U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card gives you more flexibility in rewards categories than other tiered cash back cards.
- 5% back on two categories of choice (on the first $2,000 in quarterly spending then 1% back)
- 2% back at one everyday category, such as gas stations, grocery stores or restaurants
- 1% back on all other eligible purchases
Award redemption options include a statement credit, rewards card, or direct deposit to a U.S. Bank savings or checking account.
New cardmembers can earn $200 bonus cash by spending $500 on eligible purchases in the first 90 days of account opening. There isn’t an annual fee.
Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express is one of the best Amex credit cards for Black Friday purchases. Card benefits include:
- 3% back at US supermarkets (on the first $6,000 per year, then 1% back)
- 2% back at US gas stations and select US department stores
- 1% back on everything else
Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits. There isn’t an annual fee for this card (See Rates & Fees).
Cardholders can also enjoy $0 plan fees when using Plan It® to split up large purchases into monthly installments. Pay $0 plan fees on plans created during the first 15 months after account opening. Plans created after that will have a plan fee up to 1.33% of each purchase amount moved into a plan based on the plan duration, the APR that would otherwise apply to the purchase, and other factors.
The welcome bonus is the ability to earn a $200 statement credit after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
You will receive cash back in the form of statement credits.
Amex EveryDay Credit Card
The information for the Amex EveryDay® Credit Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card is a good option for earning bonus Membership Rewards for retail purchases. This card earns 20% extra points when you make 20 or more card purchases during a statement period. Instead of earning 1 point per $1 on online and in-store purchases, you can get 1.2 points.
US supermarket purchases earn 2 points per $1 (on the first $6,000 per year) and then 1 point per $1.
You can pool your Membership Rewards with your other eligible Amex credit cards to redeem for award travel, gift cards, or transfer to travel loyalty programs.
This card doesn’t have an annual fee (See Rates & Fees). The welcome bonus is 10,000 Membership Rewards ($100 value) by spending $1,000 in the first 3 months.
Chase Sapphire Reserve
Premium travel credit cards are worth using for Black Friday purchases too. The Chase Sapphire Reserve® is a good option if you want purchase protection benefits, plus the opportunity to earn Chase Ultimate Rewards.
Not as many credit cards offer purchase protection benefits as in the recent past. The Sapphire Reserve protection benefits include:
- Purchase protection for lost and stolen items for 120 days (up to $10,000 per claim)
- Return protection for 90 days (up to $500 per item and $1,000 per year)
- One additional year of extended warranty protection on warranties of 3 years or less
Be sure to read the terms and conditions to see which purchases qualify for potential claims.
Plus, earn 5x total points on air travel and 10x total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards® immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually. Earn 3x points on other travel and dining & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
Plus, cardholders earn 10x points on Lyft rides, including bikes and scooters. Complimentary Lyft Pink Membership is also available when activated by March 31, 2022.
Points are worth 50% more when redeemed for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories with the Chase Pay Yourself Back feature.
New Chase Sapphire Reserve® cardmembers can earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, worth $750 towards travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
You will need to have excellent credit to get this card.
Related: Chase Sapphire Reserve Review
Black Friday is here once again and there are many options to earn bonus points on your online and in-store purchases. If you have several of these cards, you can choose which one is best for your shopping habits.
- Best Gas Credit Cards for Rewards, Cash Back, and Bonuses
- The Best Credit Cards for Online Shopping
- The Best Limited-Time Credit Card Offers
For rates and fees of the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express, please click here.
For rates and fees of The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card, please click here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
- 1 Citi Double Cash Card
- 2 Chase Freedom Flex
- 3 Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
- 4 Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- 5 Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card
- 6 U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card
- 7 Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express
- 8 Amex EveryDay Credit Card
- 9 Chase Sapphire Reserve
- 10 Summary