This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
There’s a good chance you’ve ordered from a food delivery app at least once, especially over the last two years with the ups and downs of the pandemic. If you’ve been using these services, you may be happy to know that there are several credit cards that partner with DoorDash and Uber Eats. It’s possible to get free delivery credits and waive some fees with one of these cards. Here are some of the best credit cards for DoorDash and Uber Eats you can have in your wallet.
Best Credit Cards for DoorDash and Uber Eats
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: 3x points on dining
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: 3x points on dining
- The Chase Freedom Flex℠: 3% back on dining
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card: 2x Venture Miles at Uber Eats
- Uber Visa Card: 5% Uber Cash on Uber Eats
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card benefits include earning 3x rewards on dining, including eligible delivery services. Additionally, once activated, Chase Sapphire Preferred cardholders can enjoy complimentary DoorDash DashPass benefits through December 31, 2024.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred earns unlimited:
- 5x points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards® (excluding hotel purchases that qualify for the $50 Anniversary Hotel Credit)
- 3x points on dining (including eligible delivery services, takeout, and dining out)
- 3x points on online grocery purchases (excluding Target®, Walmart®, and wholesale clubs)
- Also 3x points on select streaming services
- 2x points on all other travel purchases
- 1x point per $1 spent on all non-bonus purchases
There is a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit. It comes in the form of a statement credit that will automatically be applied to your account when your card is used for hotel accommodation purchases made through the Ultimate Rewards program, up to an annual maximum accumulation of $50.
Plus, on each account anniversary, you’ll earn bonus points equal to 10% of your total purchases made the previous year. So, if you spend $25,000 on purchases, you’ll get 2,500 bonus points.
Other Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits
Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories with the Chase Pay Yourself Back feature.
Each point is also worth 1.25 cents each when redeemed for award travel on Chase. There are several Chase travel partners that you can use to transfer your points out to on a 1:1 basis.
New Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card cardholders can earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
The annual fee is $95 per year.
Related: Chase Sapphire Preferred Review
Bonus: Chase DoorDash Benefits
Most co-brand Chase credit cards will continue offering free DoorDash DashPass access for one year. Eligible co-brand cardmembers who have not previously used the Chase DashPass benefit will have until 12/31/24 to enroll for one free year of DashPass.
However, following that year, the cardmember will be auto-enrolled to a monthly DashPass membership at full price ($9.99).
DashPass benefits include $0 delivery fees and reduced service fees on qualifying orders. Additionally, it’s possible to use this service for restaurant and grocery deliveries.
These co-brand families are participating:
- Aeroplan® Card
- Aer Lingus Visa Signature® Card
- British Airways Visa Signature® Card
- Iberia Visa Signature® Card
- Disney® Visa® Cards
- World of Hyatt Credit Cards
- IHG® Rewards Credit Cards
- Marriott Bonvoy® Credit Cards
- The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card
- Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Credit Cards
- United MileagePlus® Cards
- Starbucks® Rewards Visa® Card
Chase Sapphire Reserve
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® can be the best credit card for DoorDash purchases, though Uber Eats purchases still earn rewards. Once activated, Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders can enjoy complimentary DoorDash DashPass benefits through December 31, 2024.
Chase Sapphire Reserve purchases earn up to 10x Ultimate Rewards. Cardholders can earn unlimited:
- 10x total points on hotels and car rentals purchases through Chase Ultimate Rewards (after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually)
- 10x total points on Chase Dining purchases with Ultimate Rewards
- 5x total points on flights when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards (after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually)
- 3x points on other travel worldwide (after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually)
- 3x points on other dining at restaurants, including eligible delivery services, takeout, and dining out
- 1x points for all remaining purchases
You will not receive rewards points on your first $300 in annual travel purchases as the annual travel statement credit reimburses these purchases.
Each issue is worth 1.5 cents each for award travel. Transferring points at a 1:1 ratio to airline and hotel partners is another option.
Other Sapphire Reserve Perks
There are a couple of other Sapphire Reserve partner benefits.
New Chase Sapphire Reserve® cardholders can earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $900 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
The annual fee is $550 for the primary card and $75 per authorized user.
Related: Chase Sapphire Reserve Review
Chase Freedom Flex
The Chase Freedom Flex℠ is a good option for earning dining rewards, including for DoorDash and Uber Eats, without an annual fee. For instance, you get 3% back on restaurant, takeout, and eligible delivery services.
Purchase rewards include:
- 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate (then 1% back)
- 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 3% cash back on dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services
- 3% cash back on drugstore purchases
- 1% on all other purchases
Each Ultimate Reward point is worth 1 cent each and can be redeemed for travel, cash, and gift cards.
Other built-in Mastercard World Elite benefits include a $10 Lyft credit monthly after 5 ride purchases. Free ShopRunner membership, cell phone protection, Fandango discounts, and 5% cash rewards at Boxed are other benefits.
This card doesn’t have an annual fee.
New Chase Freedom Flex℠ cardholders can earn a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
Capital One Savor Rewards Credit Card
The information for the Capital One Savor Rewards Credit Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If you are looking for an option that earns more cash back, the Capital One Savor Rewards Credit Card earns unlimited 8% cash back on tickets at Vivid Seats through January 2023, 4% cash back on dining, entertainment, and popular streaming services, 3% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases.
Purchase rewards are redeemable for cash rewards. You can also use your rewards for PayPal and Amazon purchases. Additional perks of the card include travel insurance and assistance as well as extra card protection via security alerts.
New cardmembers can earn a $300 signup bonus after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months.
The annual fee is $95. There are no foreign transaction fees. This is one of the best Capital One credit cards.
Bonus: Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
However, if you prefer an option without an annual fee, the Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card might be your preferred option.
The Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card earns an unlimited 3% cash back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services, and at grocery stores (excluding superstores like Walmart® and Target®), 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel (terms apply), 8% cash back on Capital One Entertainment purchases and tickets at Vivid Seats, plus 1% on all other purchases.
There is no annual fee or foreign transaction fee with this card.
Learn more: Cash Back Credit Cards
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card earns 2x miles on every purchase, including DoorDash and Uber Eats purchases. It also earns 5x miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel. Plus, Venture cardholders will earn 5x miles when booking through the Turo app or on Turo.com (through May 16, 2023).
Miles can be redeemed for booking upcoming travel and transferring to airlines and hotels.
The annual fee is $95. There are no foreign transaction fees.
New Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card cardholders can earn 75,000 miles after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
Learn more: Travel Rewards Credit Cards
Uber Visa Card (Not Accepting New Applications)
The information for the Uber Visa Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Uber Visa Credit Card can be a good option for Uber Eats as you earn 5% Uber Cash on Uber-related purchases. All non-Uber Eats restaurant purchases earn 3% back along with airfare and hotels.
There is no annual fee.
Unfortunately, this card isn’t accepting new applications at this time.
Many credit cards award bonus points for food delivery apps like DoorDash and Uber Eats. But some cards offer better rewards than others. If your favorite restaurant partners with a delivery app, using the right card can help you eat and save money. Hopefully, one of these best credit cards for DoorDash or Uber Eats works with your lifestyle.
- Capital One Venture X Rewards vs Chase Sapphire Reserve Review
- Best Credit Card Rewards For Road Trips in 2022
- Best Credit Cards For Dining, Restaurants, Takeout, & More 2022
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.