This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Do you live or work in the Dallas, Texas area? The best credit cards for Dallas make it easy to maximize your travel options if you gallivant across the globe. Of course, you can also make your local spending go further.
Best Credit Cards for Dallas, Texas
- Platinum Card® from American Express – DFW Centurion Lounge Access
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card – 100,000 Sign Up Bonus
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card – Best for Love Field Flights
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® – AA is DFW Hub
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® – DFW Hub
- Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card
- NFL Extra Points Credit Card
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card – 100k point bonus
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Editor’s Note: Some of the offers below may have expired or are no longer available on our site.
The information for the NFL Extra Points Credit Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card makes it easy to maximize the different airlines that fly from Dallas-Ft. Worth Airport (DFW) and Dallas-Love Field (DAL).
- Points are worth 25% more when booking award travel on Chase
- 1:1 airline and hotel point transfers
- Primary rental car insurance
- Trip cancellation/interruption insurance
Also, enjoy new Chase Sapphire benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x points on dining, and 2x points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
The 1:1 transfer partners include Southwest Airlines, British Airways, Emirates, and Singapore Airlines. You can book American Airlines partner flights through British Airways to fly from DFW. Or, you can book Southwest Airlines award flights if you prefer to fly from DAL.
There are new partner benefits you can use in Dallas or elsewhere that include 12 months of free DoorDash DashPass for $0 delivery fees. You also earn 5x Ultimate Rewards on Lyft purchases through March 2022.
The annual fee is $95 starting in your first year.
New Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card cardholders can earn 100,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, worth $1250 when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. This is the highest bonus offer ever for the Chase Sapphire Preferred!
Related: Chase Sapphire Preferred Review
The Platinum Card from American Express
The Platinum Card® from American Express gives you an excellent reason to arrive early for your flight if you fly out of Dallas-Ft. Worth (DFW). In case you don’t know, DFW is one of the largest airports in the world.
You get complimentary access to the DFW Centurion Lounge. The Centurion is one of the best airport lounge networks you will come across. The Amex Platinum lounge benefits also apply to several networks including Priority Pass and Delta Sky Club.
Other card benefits include:
- Annual $200 airline fee credit, in the form of a statement credit, enrollment required
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit
- Earn 5x Membership Rewards on flights booked directly from the airline or on AmexTravel.com, up to $500,000 annually
- Earn 5x Membership Rewards on prepaid hotels on AmexTravel.com
- 1:1 airline point transfers
- Terms apply
Being able to earn 5x points (up to $500,000 per year on these purchases) on most flight and hotel purchases makes it easy to book award flights. You can transfer to many airline partners on a 1:1 basis.
Some of the best partners flying from Dallas include British Airways so you can book American Airlines partner flights start at 7,500 Membership Rewards. A second 1:1 option is to fly Qantas first class to Sydney.
Cardholders can get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when paying with their Platinum Card®.
If you ride Uber or use Uber Eats, this credit will make you happy. Cardholders can enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
Plus, American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
Terms apply. Enrollment may be required.
New The Platinum Card from American Express Benefits
There’s also a new digital entertainment credit. Cardholders can get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with The Platinum Card® from American Express at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
In addition to enjoying TSA PreCheck or Global Entry access, cardholders can also enjoy CLEAR perks. Cardholders can use their Card and get up to $179 back per year on their CLEAR® membership. Terms apply.
Another exciting new benefit is the ability for cardholders to enjoy up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. This amounts to up to $300 annually. Enrollment required.
Get the full details and learn more in our in-depth The Platinum Card from American Express review.
The annual fee is $695 (See Rates & Fees) but can be offset with the perks, which are valued at over $1,400.
New The Platinum Card® from American Express cardmembers can earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after spending $6,000 on purchases on the Card in the first 6 months of Card Membership. New cardholders also earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. Terms apply.
Learn more: Johnny Jet Recommended Credit Cards
Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card
The best of the consumer Southwest Airlines credit cards is the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card.
Card benefits include:
- $75 annual Southwest travel credit
- 4 Upgraded Bookings per year (when available)
- 7,500-anniversary points for each card renewal
Cardholders earn 2x points per $1 spent on Southwest purchases. All non-bonus purchases earn 1 point per $1 spent.
New cardholders can earn 40,000 points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months. Plus, earn 3X points on dining, including takeout and eligible delivery services, for the first year.
The annual fee for this card is $149. But it can be well worth it once you use the $75 annual travel credit and Upgraded Bookings and fly Southwest several times per year.
One nonstop you may enjoy is from Dallas to Ft. Lauderdale for approximately 8,800 Rapid Rewards each way.
Related: Best Southwest Credit Cards Review
Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard
The information for the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
American Airlines has a major hub at DFW. The Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® is the best all-around American Airlines credit card for these benefits:
- First checked bag is free for you and up to 4 companions traveling on the same itinerary
- Preferred boarding on AA flights
- Earn 2x miles on American Airlines, dining, and gas station purchases
- $125 American Airlines flight credit after $20,000 in annual card purchases during your card membership year and renew your card
The annual fee is $0 for the first year and then $99.
If interested, there’s also the business version of this card, the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®. It also has free first checked bags and priority boarding. Cardholders earn 2x miles on purchases at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants, and at gas stations. It’s also one of the best Citi business credit cards.
The information for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
For complimentary Admirals Club access, use the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®. Up to 2 guests or your immediate family can accompany you for free.
Other benefits include:
- Free checked bag for you and up to 8 companions
- Priority check-in, airport screening (where available), and boarding privileges
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit
- 25% savings on in-flight food and beverage purchases
- 10,000 bonus AAdvantage elite qualifying miles (EQMs) after $40,000 in annual card purchases
Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card
The information for the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card can be a good fit for your local Dallas purchases. Specifically, you can earn bonus rewards on these purchases:
- 8% back on tickets at Vivid Seats (through January 2023)
- 4% back on dining, entertainment, and select popular streaming services
- 3% back at grocery stores (excluding superstores like Walmart and Target)
- 1% back on all non-bonus purchases
Capital One considers movie theaters, sports promoters (professional and semi-professional), amusement parks, tourist attractions, and other purchases as entertainment. Dallas has plenty of professional sports teams you can earn 4% back on. College sports and golf courses only earn the base 1% back rate.
The Savor Card has a $95 annual fee. This card doesn’t have a foreign transaction fee which makes it international travel-friendly. You can also earn a $300 cash signup bonus after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months.
Dallas Cowboys NFL Extra Points Credit Card
One of the best ways to show your loyalty for “America’s Team” can be with an NFL Extra Points Credit Card. When you apply, you can choose your team logo. In the heart of Texas, your natural choice can be the Cowboys.
This card earns 2x points on all NFL and team purchases. So, you can earn double points at NFL.com, the Cowboys pro shop, AT&T Stadium, and at away games. All non-bonus purchases earn 1 point per $1. You also get 20% off purchases at NFLShop.com.
You can begin redeeming your points for cash rewards with 2,500 points for $25 cash back. The signup bonus is 10,000 bonus points ($100 cash value) after $500 in purchases during the first 90 days. The NFL Extra Points card doesn’t have an annual fee or foreign transaction fee.
Related: Cash Back Credit Cards Review
Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
If you’re a Dallas business professional, the Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card can be a great option. These purchases earn up to 3 Ultimate Rewards per $1 on the first $150,000 in combined annual purchases:
- Search engine and social media advertising
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable, and phone services
All non-bonus spending earns 1 point per $1.
Your points are worth 1 cent each when redeemed for cash or gift card rewards. Each point is worth 1.25 cents each when booking award travel on Chase. You also have access to the Chase Ultimate Rewards 1:1 travel transfer partners including British Airways, Southwest Airlines, Emirates, Singapore Airlines, and World of Hyatt.
The annual fee is $95. You have the opportunity to earn 100,000 bonus points worth up to $1,250 in award travel after spending $15,000 in the first 3 months of account opening.
Summary of the Best Credit Cards for Dallas, Texas
Carrying the best credit cards for Dallas, Texas can make sure you get the most value from every purchase. Whether you travel to the “Big D” regularly or this is your hometown, these cards make it easy to boost your spending power.
Is there a Dallas Cowboys credit card?
Barclaycard offers a co-brand Dallas Cowboys credit card, the NFL Extra Points Credit Card. When you apply, you can pick any NFL team logo to be on the card front.
This card earns 2x points on NFL and team-related purchases. Whether you buy game tickets, shop at a pro shop, or make stadium purchases, you can earn 2 points per $1. All non-bonus spending earns 1 point per $1.
You can redeem your points for cash rewards. Cardholders can also get special financing on NFL ticket purchases, among other benefits. This card doesn’t have an annual fee or foreign transaction fee.
What is the best airline credit card for Dallas, Texas?
Most legacy and discount airlines either operate from Dallas-Ft. Worth Airport (DFW) or Dallas-Love Field (DAL). While there are not many bad options, you might get a co-brand American Airlines or Southwest Airlines credit card first.
American Airlines has a large presence at Dallas-Ft. Worth Airport (DFW). Your best option might be the Citi/AAdvantage Platinum Select. You and 4 companions each get 1 free checked bag and preferred boarding status. Card purchases can earn up to 2 AAdvantage miles per $1 spent.
Southwest Airlines has its corporate headquarters are in Dallas. They operate from Love Field (DAL). Their most benefit-rich consumer card is the Southwest Priority Card. Travel perks include:
- Annual $75 Southwest travel credit
- 4 Upgraded Bookings per year (when available)
- 7,500 bonus Rapid Rewards each card anniversary
- Southwest purchases earn 2x Rapid Rewards
What is the best credit card for Dallas, Texas?
The best credit card for the Dallas depends on your spending habits and point redemption preference. Here is a quick summary of the best cards:
- Airport lounge access (Centurion Lounge at DFW): Platinum Card® from American Express
- Flying American Airlines: Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®
- Flying Southwest Airlines: Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card
- Entertainment and sports event purchase: Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Dallas Cowboys fans: NFL Extra Points Credit Card
For rates and fees of The Platinum Card® from American Express, please click here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
- 1 Best Credit Cards for Dallas, Texas
- 2 Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
- 3 The Platinum Card from American Express
- 4 Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card
- 5 Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard
- 6 Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
- 7 Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card
- 8 Dallas Cowboys NFL Extra Points Credit Card
- 9 Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
- 10 Summary of the Best Credit Cards for Dallas, Texas
- 11 FAQs