This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Many families are using hotels for social distancing to protect their loved ones. Using a hotel credit card can reduce your lodging costs and help you enjoy loyalty perks. Before booking a room, consider using these cards to get free nights and other benefits.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
The IHG portfolio includes the Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza, Staybridge Suites, and Candlewood Suites. Booking your stays with the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card offers several perks:
- Earn up to 25x IHG points on IHG purchases
- Automatic IHG Platinum Elite status
- 4th reward night is free on 4+ night award stays
- Annual award anniversary night (40,000 points or less)
IHG Platinum Elite benefits include complimentary room upgrades (when available), 50% bonus points, and extended check-out.
You earn 125,000 points by spending $3,000 in the first 3 months. The annual fee is $89.
Related: IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
The World of Hyatt Credit Card
World of Hyatt points are some of the most valuable hotel points and the Hyatt portfolio can be more luxurious than other brands. Hyatt is also offering “Work from Hyatt” packages that offer extra space for sleeping and working. This promotion along with a Hyatt credit card can help you get the most out of your stay at a hotel for social distancing.
The World of Hyatt Credit Card has several exciting perks:
- Earn up to 9 points per $1 on Hyatt purchases
- One free anniversary night at card renewal (valid at category 1-4 properties)
- Second free anniversary night after $15,000 in annual card purchases
Additionally, cardholders can enjoy complimentary World of Hyatt Discoverist status for as long as their account is open. Cardholders get premium internet access, free bottled water, and space-available room upgrades.
New cardmembers can earn a signup bonus of up to 60,000 World of Hyatt bonus points. Earn the first 30,000 points by spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, earn up to 30,000 more bonus points with 2 bonus points per $1 spent on purchases that earn 1 bonus point, up to $15,000, in the first 6 months of account opening. The full bonus is worth up to 12 free nights in category 1 property (5,000 points per night).
The annual fee is $95.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card
There are several Mariott Bonvoy credit cards to choose from. The best for social distancing can be the premium Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card.
Card benefits include:
- Up to $100 on-property credit (minimum 2-night stay at The Ritz-Carlton or St. Regis)
- 15 Marriott Bonvoy elite night credits
- Terms apply
Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 6 Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar of eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program
- 3 points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines
- 2 points on all other eligible purchases
This card also includes premium internet access and two airlines travel benefits. They are Priority Pass Select lounge access (enrollment required) and Global Entry/TSA PreCheck application fee reimbursement.
Bonvoy Gold Elite benefits include enhanced room upgrades when available. Gold Elite members can also get a welcome gift of up to 500 points at participating properties.
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card is one of the most valuable options as it comes with 1 free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. The Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points) at participating hotels. Note that certain hotels have resort fees.
New Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card cardholders can earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after using your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Plus, earn up to $200 in Statement Credits for eligible purchases at U.S. Restaurants within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
The Annual Fee is $450 (See Rates & Fees). Terms apply.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
The information for the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card is another premium travel credit card worth pursuing if you love the Hilton portfolio and the Hilton Resorts.
This card comes with an automatic free weekend night reward upon approval and each card renewal. You can earn a second weekend night certificate after $60,000 in annual card purchases. Other card benefits include:
- $250 Hilton Resort statement credit
- $100 on-property credit (at participating Waldorf Astoria and Conrad properties)
- Hilton Honors Diamond status
- Executive Lounge access
- Premium WiFi
- Space-available room upgrades
- Free continental breakfast and bottled water
- Fifth night free on 5+ night award stays
- Earn 14x points on eligible Hilton purchases
- Terms apply
Two air travel benefits include an annual $250 airline fee credit and Priority Pass Select lounge access. The welcome bonus is 150,000 Hilton Honor bonus points after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months. This bonus is worth up to 30 free nights.
The annual fee is $450 (See Rates & Fees).
Related: Best Hilton Honors Credit Cards
Citi Prestige Credit Card
The information for the Citi Prestige® Credit Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The best credit cards to use with hotels for social distancing don’t all have to be co-brand hotel cards. The Citi Prestige® Credit Card is one of the best premium travel credit cards for hotel stays. You get the 4th hotel night free on a 4+ night booking using ThankYou.com (you pay fees and taxes for the award night). This perk can be redeemed twice per year.
Other travel perks include:
- Annual $250 travel statement credit
- Priority Pass Select lounge access
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit
- Earn 5x points on restaurants and air travel
- Earn 3x points on hotels and cruise lines
- 1:1 point transfers to airline loyalty programs
The signup bonus is 50,000 points ($500 value) after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months. The annual fee is $495 per year and $75 per authorized user.
Related: Best Citi Credit Cards
Chase Sapphire Reserve
Another non-cobrand hotel card that is perfect to use with hotels for social distancing is the Chase Sapphire Reserve®. The Chase Sapphire Reserve gives you the flexibility of earning and redeeming Ultimate Rewards from any hotel brand.
- Annual $300 travel statement credit
- 50% redemption bonus on travel booked on Chase Ultimate Rewards
- 1:1 point transfer to airlines and hotels
- Special benefits at the Luxury Hotel and Resort Collection
Plus, earn 5x total points on air travel and 10x total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards® immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually. Earn 3x points on other travel and dining & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
Additional Sapphire Reserve Perks
Sapphire Reserve cardholders earn 10x points on Lyft rides, including bikes and scooters. Complimentary Lyft Pink Membership is also available when activated by March 31, 2022.
Points are worth 50% more when redeemed for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories with the Chase Pay Yourself Back feature.
Each point is worth 1.5 cents each when booking hotel reward nights using the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal. You can also transfer your points at a 1:1 ratio to World of Hyatt, IHG, and Marriott Bonvoy.
New Chase Sapphire Reserve® cardmembers can earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, worth $750 towards travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
The annual fee is $550 for the primary user and $75 per authorized user.
Related: Chase Sapphire Reserve Review
Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card
The information for the Hotels.com® Rewards Visa® Credit Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Hotels.com® Rewards Visa® Credit Card can be a good option when you want a hotel credit card with no annual fee. Also, this card can be a perfect fit when you’re not loyal to a particular loyalty program but want to earn free hotel nights.
Card benefits include:
- One stamp for each hotel night you book at any eligible property using Hotels.com (10 stamps equals 1 free night)
- Earn one stamp (worth $110 in hotel nights credits) for every $500 in card purchases
- Hotels.com Silver membership for the first year
- Cell phone protection (up to $600 per year)
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance
- No annual fee
You earn a stamp for each hotel night you book at any eligible property using Hotels.com. You also earn one stamp for every $500 in card purchases. Ten stamps equal a free reward night.
For the first year, you get automatic Hotels.com Silver loyalty status. Silver benefits include free breakfast, WiFi, and spa vouchers at participating properties. You also get price protection on Hotels.com purchases. Keeping Silver status requires earning 10 stamps per year.
New cardmembers can earn one rewards night worth $125 (excluding taxes and fees) by spending $1,000 in the first 3 months. Note that if your reward night costs less than $125, you won’t get the difference. But as there is no annual fee for this card, this perk is pretty sweet.
There are several exciting opportunities to stay at hotels with social distancing protocols. You can have the space you need to rest and work while earning rewards. Hopefully, one of these credit cards to use with hotels for social distancing works for you.
- The Best Credit Cards For Holiday Shopping
- The Best Credit Cards for Online Shopping
- Best Limited-Time Credit Card Offers
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, please click here.
For rates and fees of the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, please click here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.