I was in Canada this past week just in time for the NHL to begin its 2018/19 season. Ice hockey of course dominates the headlines above the border, even though it’s not the country’s official national sport. That title actually goes to lacrosse (FYI: I played both sports in high school and lacrosse in college). Still, ice hockey is without a doubt the country’s most popular sport, and to give you an idea how much the season opener meant to Canadians, I couldn’t find the New York Yankees one-game playoff game against the Oakland As on the tube that day. (Fortunately, the Yankees’s playoff games with Boston in the following days were on multiple channels.)
Since there’s no better time than the beginning of the hockey season…Budweiser Red Lights replicate the red lights that are above hockey nets and illuminate when a goal is scored (to let the crowd and players know). Each light is Wi-Fi enabled, so you can sync it with your favorite team so that the light illuminates in real-time when the team scores! You can get a replica red light to put above your TV (your spouse will love it, ha!) for $159 or keep things lower-key with a smaller version, like a drink coaster ($22) or beer glasses ($18) on Amazon and/or eBay.com (check both Ebay’s U.S. and Canada sites depending on where you reside).
I know these gadgets aren’t really travel-related, but they’re just so cool.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.