This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
The IHG Rewards Club is a popular hotel loyalty program. Finding the best IHG properties to redeem points is easier than with other hotel loyalty programs as there are many places to stay around the globe and within the United States. Some loyalty program brands include the Crowne Plaza, Kimpton, InterContinental, and Holiday Inn Resorts. The variety of properties have something for everyone.
Best IHG Properties to Redeem Points
As travel begins to open up again, you’ll find several options if you want to redeem your IHG points. Whether you’re planning a family vacation or maybe even a workcation to get a change of scenery, there are a variety of places and destinations ready to welcome you. Plus, there’s a great bonus that new cardholders can earn to get more mileage out of their stays.
150,000 IHG Points Bonus
If you like staying at IHG properties, there’s currently a fantastic 150,000 IHG points signup bonus for the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card. New cardholders can earn 150,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. This bonus is worth up to 30 reward nights if you’re flexible with where you stay. The annual fee is $89, but it is waived the first year.
However, note that many of the better IHG properties require more points. IHG also uses a variable pricing model. Award nights in peak travel season can cost more than traveling off-season.
In addition to the signup bonus, you can get additional value from these card perks:
- One reward anniversary night (At properties with 40,000 points or less)
- 4th reward night on 4+ night reward stays
- Platinum Elite loyalty status
- Fee credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry
It is one of the best hotel credit cards.
Cardholders can earn up to 25x points on their IHG hotel stay. Additionally, cardholders earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants. Learn more about how this card can boost your travel in our IHG Rewards Club Premier Card review.
Here are some of the best places to book IHG Rewards nights and the best IHG properties to redeem points.
Kimpton: Angler’s Hotel South Beach (30,000 points)
Miami beachgoers wanting to relax have several IHG options. The Kimpton: Angler’s Hotel South Beach is an excellent option as it’s one block away from Ocean Drive and the beach. Standard rooms and suites are available for 30,000 points per night plus a $30 nightly resort fee per room.
Guest amenities can include:
- Beach umbrella and towels
- Guide and bag
- Orangetheory Fitness classes
- Rooftop pool and sundeck
InterContinental: Chicago Magnificent Mile (40,000 points)
The InterContinental: Chicago Magnificent Mile is in a prime location to navigate the Windy City. This historic hotel opened its doors in 1929. Reward nights are available for 40,000 points but can be as low as 37,000 IHG points. There is a $15 nightly amenity fee per room too.
- In-room WiFi
- Daily bottled water
- Fitness center
- Indoor pool
There is also an on-site spa and several restaurants to enjoy during your stay.
Staybridge Suites Orlando at SeaWorld (25,000 points)
Orlando is a perennial favorite for a family vacation to visit the various theme parks and local attractions. The Staybridge Suites Orlando at SeaWorld gives you the benefits of an extended stay property, including a full in-room kitchen and complimentary continental breakfast. Award nights start at a reasonable 23,000 points to sleep up to 4 guests.
This property is adjacent to these attractions:
- SeaWorld Orlando
- Discovery Cove
The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to SeaWorld, Disney, and Universal Studios. Due to COVID-19, some parks may temporarily suspend shuttle transports, but free parking and guest discounts can be available.
Hotel Indigo Anaheim (30,000 points)
If you’re heading to Disneyland or the Anaheim Convention Center, consider the Hotel Indigo Anaheim. The hotel is within walking distance of either attraction, along with the famous Anaheim GardenWalk.
Rewards nights are available for 30,000 points or for slightly less. In addition, guests get complimentary parking, and an outdoor pool is open.
Holiday Inn Express Durango Downtown-Animas River (20,000 points)
The Holiday Inn Express Durango Downtown-Animas River is one of the best IHG properties in Colorado. It’s also one of the most valuable redemption values as you only need 20,000 points to book award nights. While the Holiday Inn Express isn’t a luxury brand, its portfolio offers several complimentary amenities and convenient locations.
Guest perks include complimentary breakfast, an indoor pool, and balcony views overlooking the Animas River in downtown Durango.
Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix (30,000 points)
The Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix is in the heart of the downtown CityScape. It’s easy to visit the city’s professional sports stadiums along with restaurants and shops. Reward nights cost approximately 30,000 points plus a $25 nightly amenity fee.
Amenities include a rooftop pool, lounge, and bar. Guests also get a portable in-room Bluetooth speaker along with on-demand yoga and Pilates programming.
Kimpton Taconic Hotel (60,000 points)
Picturesque New England is an excellent place to visit for fall foliage but as a summer retreat too. The Kimpton Taconic Hotel can cost 60,000 points per night and lets you stay in Manchester, Vermont, with easy access to fly fishing, ski slopes, shopping, and scenery.
There is a $30 daily amenity fee that includes parking, shuttle service to local attractions, and upgraded in-room WiFi speed. In-room amenities include robes, a minibar, umbrella. Most rooms also have a fireplace.
The hotel also has an on-site restaurant with farm-to-fork food.
InterContinental The Willard Washington D.C. (80,000 points)
If you want to stay in the heart of our nation’s capital, it doesn’t get much better than The Willard.
Rewards nights can cost 80,000 points which makes this property one of the priciest in the IHG portfolio. But you’re steps away from the White House and may also see important dignitaries during your stay.
InterContinental Presidente Cancun Resort (30,000 points)
Mexico is a favorite international destination as it’s easy to reach, and they have minimal travel restrictions. The InterContinental Presidente Cancun Resort costs approximately 30,000 points per night plus a daily $9 amenity fee per room.
This property has some of the best beach frontages in Cancun’s Hotel Zone. An adult-only pool is available as well, yet families are welcome.
Hotel Indigo Rome – St. George (45,000 points)
Now that Italy has reopened to U.S. tourists, a trip to Rome can be one of the best getaways. The luxurious Hotel Indigo Rome – St. George costs approximately 45,000 points per night plus a 7 euro daily amenity fee per guest.
The hotel building was originally engineered in the 16th century. Guests can admire the Eternal City from the rooftop terrace in the city center. There’s also an on-site spa along with a restaurant with a roof terrace for more relaxation.
InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort (120,000 points)
While the InterContinental Maldives Maamunagua Resort doesn’t exactly offer the cheapest rewards nights, it’s one of the most luxurious properties. The Maldives is also one of the few international travel destinations open to Americans.
Rewards nights can cost 120,000 points per night. There is also a $6 daily amenity fee per guest. In addition, you can get an overwater pool villa that includes your own infinity pool to enjoy an ultimate vacation.
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives (30,000 points)
If you want to visit an exotic destination but don’t need to stay in the ritziest hotel, the Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives is a great option. Award nights can cost 29,000 points plus a $6 daily amenity fee per guest. While you might not get a private overwater suite with points, you’re steps from the water.
Resort amenities include:
- On-site children’s activities
- Outdoor pool and whirlpool
- Fitness center
- Indoor and outdoor guest room showers
In conclusion, the best IHG properties to redeem points come in several options geared to your needs. The IHG portfolio has many budget and luxury properties that can fit your travel style. You might be able to book an entire vacation with 150,000 IHG points or at least reduce your out-of-pocket costs.
- Best Credit Cards for Travel Rewards
- The Best Credit Cards for Dining, Restaurants, Takeout, and More
- The Best Travel Credit Cards
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
- 1 Best IHG Properties to Redeem Points
- 2 Kimpton: Angler’s Hotel South Beach (30,000 points)
- 3 InterContinental: Chicago Magnificent Mile (40,000 points)
- 4 Staybridge Suites Orlando at SeaWorld (25,000 points)
- 5 Hotel Indigo Anaheim (30,000 points)
- 6 Holiday Inn Express Durango Downtown-Animas River (20,000 points)
- 7 Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix (30,000 points)
- 8 Kimpton Taconic Hotel (60,000 points)
- 9 InterContinental The Willard Washington D.C. (80,000 points)
- 10 InterContinental Presidente Cancun Resort (30,000 points)
- 11 Hotel Indigo Rome – St. George (45,000 points)
- 12 InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort (120,000 points)
- 13 Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives (30,000 points)
- 14 Summary