This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Most of us don’t have the staggering net worth to qualify for the most exclusive credit cards. But you can still qualify for the best luxury credit cards for world-class rewards and benefits. Further, the best part is that you don’t need to wait for an invitation to apply for these top luxury credit cards.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Editor’s Note: Some of the offers below may have expired or are no longer available on our site.
Best Luxury Credit Cards
Firstly, in many cases, these travel cards have many overlapping benefits as their invite-only counterparts. And these cards may not be diamond-encrusted or be part of the best metal credit cards group. Yet, the best luxury credit cards still have access to some of the best rewards programs and travel benefits available.
The Platinum Card from American Express
How The Platinum Card® from American Express packs so many travel benefits into a single card is a mystery sometimes. The annual fee is $695 (See Rates & Fees) but can be offset with the perks, which are valued at over $1,400. But using these benefits can easily be worth a lot more:
- 1:1 point transfers to airline and hotel partners
- $200 airline fee credit for incidental fees at one select qualifying airline (in the form of statement credits, enrollment required)
- Access to airport lounges
- Terms apply
Earn 5x Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel, up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year. Cardholders also earn 5x points on prepaid hotels booked on American Express Travel. There’s also complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status and Marriott Bonvoy Gold status (enrollment required). In addition, you can get a fee credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck.
If you rent vehicles often, know that there are car rental privileges including free upgrades and special discounts. If you shop at Saks Fifth Avenue, you get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases on your card (enrollment required). All of these perks are why it’s one of the best rewards credit cards.
Cardholders can get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when paying with their Platinum Card®.
If you ride Uber or use Uber Eats, this credit will make you happy. Cardholders can enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
Plus, American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
Terms apply. Enrollment may be required.
New The Platinum Card from American Express Benefits
There’s also a new digital entertainment credit. Cardholders can get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with The Platinum Card® from American Express at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
In addition to enjoying TSA PreCheck or Global Entry access, cardholders can also enjoy CLEAR perks. Cardholders can use their Card and get up to $179 back per year on their CLEAR® membership. Terms apply.
Another exciting new benefit is the ability for cardholders to enjoy up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. This amounts to up to $300 annually. Enrollment required.
Get the full details and learn more in our in-depth The Platinum Card from American Express review.
Besides all the travel perks, this card lets you earn almost double the points on flights and hotels than most travel credit cards. Your points are redeemable for award travel through AmexTravel.com. However, they are most valuable why you transfer them to 1:1 airline and hotel Membership Rewards travel partners including Delta, Emirates, British Airways, and Singapore Airlines.
New The Platinum Card® from American Express cardmembers can earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after spending $6,000 on purchases on the Card in the first 6 months of Card Membership. New cardholders also earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. Terms apply.
Learn more: Johnny Jet Recommended Credit Cards
Chase Sapphire Reserve
The best Chase Ultimate Rewards credit card is the Chase Sapphire Reserve®.
It doesn’t have as many perks as the American Express Platinum Card. But, you can still easily leverage the benefits to maximize award travel:
- $300 annual travel credit
- Priority Pass airport lounge membership
- Primary rental car collision damage waiver
- Earn 3x Ultimate Rewards points on dining
- Earn 3X points on travel purchases immediately after earning your $300 travel credit
- 50% travel redemption bonus
- 1:1 point transfers to airlines and hotels
Gas station and grocery store purchases will also count towards earning the annual $300 travel credit, through December 31, 2021.
There are also two new benefits that may be useful: one free year of Lyft Pink ($199 minimum value) and one free DoorDash DashPass subscription (activation required by 12/31/21). If you use rideshares and order-in often, this benefit can be worth it.
This card makes it easy to earn and redeem Ultimate Rewards points. Each point is worth 1.5 cents each when booking any travel through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal. A better option can be transferring them to the Chase transfer partners including Southwest, United, British Airways, Emirates, and Singapore Airlines.
There is also a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit.
New Chase Sapphire Reserve® cardmembers can earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, worth $900 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
If you happen to have $10 million at J.P. Morgan, you can qualify for the J.P. Morgan Reserve Card. The card benefits are similar to the Sapphire Reserve. However, your card is made from the luxurious palladium metal.
Related article: Check out the other Chase Sapphire Reserve travel benefits.
American Express Gold Card
If you don’t travel enough to maximize the Platinum Card, you might consider the American Express® Gold Card. It doesn’t come with airport lounge access, but it still offers benefits with a smaller $250 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).
- $120 dining credit at select restaurants ($10 monthly, enrollment required)
- Premium roadside assistance (Free assistance up to 4 times a year)
- 1:1 Membership Rewards airline and hotel transfers
- Terms apply
The American Express® Gold Card earns unlimited 4x Membership Rewards points on dining (including delivery and takeout). Cardholders also earn 4x points at U.S. supermarkets (up to $25,000 annually, then 1x). Also, earn 3x points on flights booked directly through the airline or on amextravel.com
Your points are still most valuable when transferred to the 1:1 Membership Rewards transfer partners. The Amex Gold does a good job of balancing food and travel spending with its bonus categories.
American Express Gold Card cardholders can also get up to $120 in Uber Cash annually. Plus, you’ll earn 4x Membership Rewards® points for each Uber Eats purchase on your card. To use this perk, simply add your card to your Uber account and you’ll automatically get $10 in Uber Cash each month in your Uber account for U.S. Uber Eats orders or U.S. Uber rides. Any unused Uber Cash expires at the end of each month (it does not roll over to the next month).
Cardholders also get up to 12 complimentary months of Eats Pass when you subscribe with your American Express Gold Card. That’s a value of up to $119 annually (based on the $9.99 monthly price over 12 months). With the Uber Eats Pass, you can get unlimited $0 Delivery Fees and 5% off orders over $15 at eligible restaurants. Note that taxes and service fees may apply and do not count toward the order minimum.
This benefit applies only in the U.S. on U.S. orders at eligible restaurants and on eligible restaurant purchases.
Enrollment is required by 12/31/2021. After that, the Uber Eats Pass will begin auto-billing 12 months after your enrollment in this offer, at the then-current monthly price. Learn more about the Uber Eats partnership for more information.
New American Express® Gold Card cardholders can earn 60,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $4,000 on eligible purchases within the first 6 months. Cardholders can choose between Gold or Rose Gold.
Learn more: Johnny Jet Recommended Credit Cards
Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
The Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® provides free access to the Admirals Club lounge. Also, up to 2 travel companions or your immediate family can accompany you.
You also get these air travel benefits:
- Free first checked bag for you and up to 8 companions
- Priority check-in, security, and boarding privileges
- 25% savings on in-flight food and beverage purchases
- Earn 2x miles on eligible American Airlines purchases (1 mile for everything else)
- Earn 10,000 AAdvantage Elite Qualifying Miles by spending $40,000 in a calendar year
Like the other cards listed above, this one also comes with a credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry. These are just some of the reasons why it’s one of the best credit cards for travel miles. The annual fee is $450.
The signup bonus is 50,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months of account opening.
Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
The information for the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Possibly the most lavish hotel credit card is the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card.
Along with the ability to earn more at Hilton properties, it offers these hotel and air travel benefits:
- One free weekend night reward at account opening and each card renewal
- Second free weekend night by spending $60,000 a year
- Hilton Honors Diamond status (enrollment required)
- $250 Hilton Resort statement credit
- $100 Hilton on-property credit
- Earn up to 14x Hilton Honors points on purchases
- $250 airline fee credit for incidental fees after selecting one qualifying airline (terms apply, enrollment required)
- Priority Pass Select membership (enrollment required)
- Terms apply
Each free weekend night is redeemable at most Hilton properties. The welcome offer is the ability to earn 150,000 bonus Hilton Honors points by spending $4,000 in the first 3 months. Award nights start at 5,000 points, therefore, the welcome bonus is worth up to 30 free nights.
The annual fee is $450 (See Rates & Fees), but this fee is easily recouped with the free night awards and other travel credits.
Citi Prestige Credit Card
The information for the Citi Prestige Credit Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
- $250 annual travel credit
- Priority Pass Select lounge access
- 4th hotel night free on 4+ night stays booked on Thankyou.com (up to twice per year)
- 1:1 point transfers
- Earn 5x ThankYou points on air travel and restaurants
- Earn 3x points at hotels and cruise lines
The most valuable benefit for the Citi Prestige is the 4th hotel night free. Citi covers the average nightly rate on the 4th night (you still pay any fees and taxes). But effective September 1, 2019, you can only redeem this benefit twice a year.
However, there still isn’t a nightly rate cap so you can easily save thousands if you stay at high-end hotels and resorts.
Points are worth 1 cent each when redeemed on the Citi ThankYou Travel Center. However, a more valuable option is the 1:1 ThankYou transfer partners including Asia Miles, Etihad, Qantas, and Singapore Airlines.
Plus, you can earn a 50,000 points signup bonus (worth $500 in award travel) by spending $4,000 in the first 3 months of account opening. However, this bonus isn’t available if you earned another Citi ThankYou bonus or closed a Citi ThankYou card (like the Citi Premier® Card) in the past 24 months.
The annual fee is $495.
Summary of the Best Luxury Credit Cards
In conclusion, the most frequent and loyal travelers can enjoy the best travel benefits through the use of luxury credit cards. As a result, perks include things like free nights, airline fee credits, and passes to airport lounges are offered to consumers. Therefore, travel days can be more peaceful and less expensive with one of these credit cards.
For rates and fees of The Platinum Card® from American Express, please click here.
For rates and fees of The American Express® Gold Card, please click here.
And for rates and fees of the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, please click here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.