When I travel, I’m like a mini CVS store. I always have a whole medical emergency kit with me, and beyond that, I carry all kinds of little gadgets, from universal electrical adapters to Tide stain remover sticks. The stain remover stick is a particularly handy one. But the Tide stick isn’t strong or good enough for every stain. So what can you to prepare for stains it can’t handle?
One option, I know now, is to get a Madame Paulette’s Stain Removal Kit. I first learned about this professional stain removal kit while attending a Forbes travel guide event in Beverly Hills (they gave Madame Paulette’s Stain Removal Kits to everyone who attended). I’d never heard of the company at that point. But it turns out that Madame Paulette’s is quite popular and has been in business for over 60 years. It’s a family-owned business, and it’s based in New York City.
Each kit comes as a pack of five anti-stain treatments and sells for $29.99. According to the website, “The Stain Kit can remove almost any type of stain, anytime, anywhere!” To use it to remove a stain, you just need to follow three steps. Again, per the website (written from the perspective of Madame Paulette):
- Super Absorbent Cloth: A Super Absorbent Cloth is placed under the stained area of your garment and will absorb all the stain matter which is essential.
- Special Stain Formula: I created the most effective Stain Removal Formula, which will breakdown the composition of most all stains and allow it to transfer into the Super Absorbent Cloth.
- Special Rinse Formula: This Special Rinse Formula will aid in removing any remaining stain matter and / or special stain formula from fabric, leaving no residue so that when it dries you will never know the stain was ever there.”
The kit has been featured on Rachael Ray and The Dr. Oz Show. Especially if you travel with young kids as I do with Jack, it’s a good thing to have in your bag!
More clothing help
- Video: How to Fold Clothes Like a Pro
- The Clothesline Every Traveler Needs
- In These Countries, Camouflage Clothing Could Mean Jail Time
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.