Good news, travelers: Allianz has refreshed its TravelSmart app once again. Version 4.9 of the app is still free for both iOS and Android, and it comes with the largest Allianz-powered pocket toolbox yet. Individual policy details and the ability to file a claim with a few quick taps remain key features, so if you’re an Allianz policy holder (I have an annual plan) the TravelSmart app is an essential resource. If you’re not, there’s still a lot to like (and anyway, the app is free).
First, what’s new in version 4.9:
- The “Track my flights” tool now lets you see real-time flight info and more for flights up to 365 days out. In previous versions, you could only see flights up to three days out.
- Local emergency numbers are now updated automatically via API. In previous versions, updates to emergency numbers (rare) would be accessible only when you downloaded the next version of the app. You can now trust that all local emergency numbers will be accurate no matter what.
- The name of the app in the Apple Store and Google Play is now “Allianz TravelSmart” instead of simply “TravelSmart”
- Eight crash fixes have now been added
Meanwhile, the seven core features that have made the app so useful remain, unchanged or improved. They are:
1. Policy details
With the Allianz TravelSmart app, your Allianz policy information is at your fingertips. Wherever you travel in the world, you’ll bring an easily accessible summary of your benefits with you in your pocket.
2. In-app claim filing
Run into a problem on your trip? Want to file a claim? As noted above (and detailed here), you can file on the go inside the app, from anywhere in the world. You can even choose to receive your claims money via direct deposit.
3. 24/7 help over the phone
You can connect with an Allianz rep, for any reason, 24 hours a day with just a few clicks.
4. Real-time flight information
When you enter your flight information, the app will return and refresh up-to-date status updates. This puts delays, gate changes, cancelations, and more in your pocket, to be checked and rechecked on the way to the airport, when you’re stuck in traffic, etc. And as noted above, you can now see and access flight info for flights up to 365 day in advance.
5. Emergency services and hospital locator
In the event of an accident (or whatever), you can use the hospital search tool in the Allianz TravelSmart app to locate the nearest reliable emergency facilities. That means one less (very important) thing to worry about when you’re faced with a worst-case scenario away from home.
6. Emergency contact information
When you need help in an emergency, you need to know who and how to call. The TravelSmart app catalogs emergency numbers (police, ambulance, fire department, etc.) by country. As noted above, the catalog will now update automatically if a number is changed.
7. Medication and pharmaceutical dictionary
In addition (and for more frequent use), the in-app dictionary includes the names of prescription medications and medical words in 18 languages.
Download the app
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.