This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
When you travel, one of the last events you want to experience is a declined credit card transaction. Carrying the best Visa credit cards for travel in your wallet means near-universal acceptance. Of course, you can also earn purchase rewards and enjoy a few other perks in the process.
Best Visa Credit Card for Travel Lovers
Here are some of the best Visa credit card options to consider:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card
- The World of Hyatt Credit Card
- Chase Freedom Flex℠
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
- Ink Business Cash® Credit Card
Chase Sapphire Reserve
If you can only choose one Visa credit card, consider applying for this one first. The Chase Sapphire Reserve® comes with the most rewards. It’s a premium travel credit card with these benefits:
- $300 annual travel credit
- Priority Pass airport lounge access
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit
- Trip cancellation/interruption coverage (up to $20,000 per trip)
- Points are worth 50% more when redeeming for travel
- 1:1 airline and hotel point transfers
Plus, earn 5x total points on air travel and 10x total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards® immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually. Earn 3x points on other travel and dining & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
Your points can be most valuable when transferring them to airline and hotel partners at a 1:1 ratio. Some of the best transfer options include British Airways, Flying Blue, Emirates, United, Southwest Airlines, and Singapore Airlines. With no foreign transaction fees and all of the travel perks, this is one of the best international credit cards.
Sapphire Reserve cardholders earn 10x points on Lyft rides, including bikes and scooters. Complimentary Lyft Pink Membership is also available when activated by March 31, 2022.
Points are worth 50% more through March 31, 2022, when redeemed for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories with the Chase Pay Yourself Back feature.
New Chase Sapphire Reserve® cardmembers can earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, worth $750 towards travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
Also, the Sapphire Reserve is a Visa Infinite product. This is the highest-tier Visa credit card you can have. Your initial credit limit will be at least $10,000. You will need excellent credit for this card.
Chase Sapphire Preferred
A premium travel credit card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve isn’t for everyone. Your next-best option for travel rewards is the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card. It has a $95 annual fee versus the Sapphire Reserve $550 annual fee.
Card benefits include:
- 25% award travel redemption bonus with Chase
- 1:1 airline and hotel point transfers
- Primary rental car insurance
- Trip cancellation/interruption insurance up to $20,000 per trip
- No foreign transaction fee
Also, enjoy new Chase Sapphire benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x points on dining, and 2x points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card currently has an offer of 60,000 Ultimate Rewards points after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months from account opening, worth $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
If you care more about earning and redeeming points than the add-on travel perks, consider the Chase Sapphire Preferred.
As an added bonus (for both aesthetics and strength), this card is one of the best metal credit cards you can have in your wallet.
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
Another excellent option that makes it easy to earn travel miles is the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card.
The Venture Card earns unlimited 2 miles per $1 spent on all purchases. You can redeem your miles for travel statement credits, book upcoming travel, or redeem them with one of the Capital One transfer partners.
Also, the Venture Card is a Visa Signature product that is the second-highest Visa tier. Perks include a minimum of $5,000 starting credit limit, secondary rental car insurance, and Visa Luxury Hotel Collection on-site amenities.
One additional benefit is a fee credit of up to $100 for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck for the primary cardholder. New cardholders can earn 60,000 miles if they spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of the account opening.
Learn more: Rewards Credit Cards
The annual fee is $95. You can compare the Chase Sapphire Preferred vs Capital One Venture if you’re on the fence about these two superstar travel credit cards.
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Priority Card
If you love Southwest Airlines, check out the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card. This card earns Rapid Rewards points on all purchases and you get other Southwest Airlines benefits:
- $75 annual Southwest travel credit
- 4 Upgraded Booking per year (when available)
- 7,500 anniversary Rapid Rewards points
- No foreign transaction fees
Additionally, get 25% back on inflight purchases.
Cardholders earn unlimited:
- 3x points on Southwest® purchases
- 2x points on local transit and commuting, including rideshares
- 2x points on internet, cable, phone services, and select streaming purchases
New cardholders can earn 40,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months their account is open. Plus, now enjoy more benefits and more ways to earn.
The Southwest Companion Pass® lets your travel companion fly alongside you for only the cost of fees and taxes.
The World of Hyatt Credit Card
The World of Hyatt Credit Card is one of the best hotel credit cards for these benefits:
- One free anniversary night at any category 1-4 property
- Second free anniversary night after spending $15,000 in a year
- Earn 4x Hyatt points on Hyatt purchases
- Earn 2x Hyatt points on flights booked directly from the airline, restaurants, local transit and commuting, and fitness clubs or gym memberships
- All non-bonus purchases earn 1 point per $1
- No foreign transaction fee
Hyatt points are some of the most valuable hotel points. You can book a category 1 property award night for 5,000 points.
Additionally, cardholders can enjoy complimentary World of Hyatt Discoverist status for as long as their account is open.
You also have the opportunity to earn up to 60,000 bonus points as a signup bonus. Earn 30,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent on purchases that earn 1 Bonus Point, up to $15,000, in the first 6 months of account opening.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
Chase Freedom Flex
If you crave cash rewards, the Chase Freedom Flex℠ is one of the best cash back credit cards. You earn 5% back on the first $1,500 spent on rotating bonus category purchases each quarter (once activated). Cardholders also earn:
- 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate (then 1% back)
- 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 3% cash back on dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services
- 3% cash back on drugstore purchases
- 1% on all other purchases
There isn’t an annual fee. This is also one of the best cash back credit cards you can have in your wallet.
You can redeem your points for cash, travel, and gift card rewards and are worth 1 cent each. Transferring them to your Chase Sapphire card means you can capture the travel redemption bonus or 1:1 point transfers.
New Chase Freedom Flex℠ cardholders can earn a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
The Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card is the best overall small business credit card. You earn 3x Ultimate Rewards on the first $150,000 spent on travel, online advertising, shipping, and Internet, cable, and phone services.
Your points are worth 25% more when booking award travel on the Chase travel portal. You can transfer your points to the 1:1 Ultimate Rewards travel partners too. This card also has a signup bonus of 100,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards worth up to $1,250 in award travel. To earn the bonus, spend $15,000 in the first 3 months of account opening. The bonus along with the bonus points for business purchases are part of the reason that this is one of the best small business credit cards.
Ink Business Cash Credit Card
For a business credit card with no annual fee, the Chase Ink Business Cash® Credit Card earns up to 5% back on purchases. Get 5% on the first $25,000 in combined annual spending at office supply stores, and Internet, phone and cable services. The first $25,000 in annual purchases at gas stations and restaurants earn 2% back. All remaining spend earns 1% back.
This is one of the best no annual fee small business credit cards.
Your points can be redeemed for cash, travel, and gift cards. However, this card doesn’t offer a travel redemption bonus or 1:1 point transfers. New applicants can earn $750 bonus cash after spending $7500 in the first 3 months.
Many rewards credit cards have the Visa label on it. Starting with this list of credit cards makes it easy to narrow down your search for the best Visa credit card that works for you. Which one will you choose?
Are Visa credit cards good?
Visa credit cards are some of the best credit cards you can own. Banks offer Visa-issued credit cards for any credit score. In the United States, you will find more Visa credit cards than American Express, Discover, or Mastercard.
One reason it’s a good idea to have a Visa credit card is that most merchants around the world accept Visa or Mastercard credit cards as payment. They are less likely to accept American Express or Discover.
The best Visa credit card can be the rewards card that has the best purchase rewards and additional benefits. Each bank offers different benefits that help you maximize your common purchases and daily habits.
What is the most prestigious Visa credit card to have?
The most luxurious Visa credit card is the J.P. Morgan Reserve Card. It’s made from a palladium alloy but is also very hard to qualify for. You must be a J.P. Morgan client and receive a special invitation.
So, the best Visa credit card open to everyone is the Chase Sapphire Reserve. It’s a premium travel rewards credit card with perks including a $300 annual travel credit, Priority Pass lounge access, and a fee credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck.
You also earn 3x Ultimate Rewards points on dining and 1x points for everything else. You also earn 3x points on dining, immediately after getting the $300 travel credit. Your points are worth 1.5 cents each for award travel booked on the Chase travel portal. You can transfer at a 1:1 ratio to airline and hotel partners. Some of the best partners include United, Southwest, Emirates, Singapore Airlines, and World of Hyatt.
What does Visa Signature card mean?
Like an airline or hotel loyalty program that has different membership levels, Visa credit cards have different benefit levels. A Visa Signature card is the second-highest tier. Many of the best Visa credit cards are a Visa Signature.
Some of the built-in benefits include:
- Minimum $5,000 initial credit limit
- Secondary rental car insurance
- Rental car discounts
- Luxury Hotel Collection discounts and on-site amenities
- Extended warranty protection
The bank may also offer additional benefits. For instance, the Chase Sapphire Preferred offers primary rental car insurance. The Capital One Venture credits your Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee. Many Visa Signature credit cards require a minimum 670 credit score to have the best approval odds.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
- 1 Best Visa Credit Card for Travel Lovers
- 2 Chase Sapphire Reserve
- 3 Chase Sapphire Preferred
- 4 Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- 5 Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Priority Card
- 6 The World of Hyatt Credit Card
- 7 Chase Freedom Flex
- 8 Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
- 9 Ink Business Cash Credit Card
- 10 Summary
- 11 FAQs