This past summer I went on a spectacular river cruise along the Danube with Scenic Cruises. I always thought river cruising was for old people but now I know just how wrong I was. I had an amazing time starting out in Budapest and ended up in Regensburg, near Munich. I visited four countries along the way: Hungary, Slovakia, Austria and Germany. I could have added one more, Czech Republic, if I had chosen a different excursion. What’s amazing about Scenic Cruises is that all of their excursions are INCLUDED for all passengers. Oh, and did I mention that they have electric bikes? No other river cruise company offers this and it makes a huge difference going up hills. Here’s my story about my river cruise with Scenic Cruises.
As you can see from the photos, I had an amazing time. Now, guess what? Scenic Cruises has teamed up with JohnnyJet.com to offer an eight-day European River Cruise for two as the prize for a blogger contest!
How to enter:
To enter to win, all you have to do is write a 500-word blog post (please don’t exceed the word limit) in English on 5 Reasons to Take a River Cruise with Scenic Cruises. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been before or not.
Enter in three easy steps:
-Write a 500-word blog post entitled ‘5 Reasons to Take a River Cruise with Scenic Cruises’ (blog post can be fewer than 500 words but not more)
-Publish your post on your blog
-Tweet your post, using the hashtag #MyScenicCruise and Cc @JohnnyJet and @ScenicCruisesUS. Then email your entry to Whitney@JohnnyJet.com.
-Entries will be judged on creativity, ability to inspire interest in Scenic Cruises and clarity of writing.
- Entries must be received by midnight October 30, 2013 PDST with the winner to be notified within seven business days.
- Travel must commence by September 24, 2014.
- Contest is open to U.S.residents only.
- Winning blogger agrees to write a minimum of two posts for their own blog about their Scenic Cruise, plus additional social media posts such as Twitter, Instagram, etc. Details to be confirmed once a winner is selected.
- Runner-up gets a $500 in Visa gift certificates.
Here are ALL of the official rules.
Ready to enter? Get writing and good luck!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.