I’d never really thought about renting a houseboat until I came across BookaHouseboat, which is the first worldwide houseboat rental community. But when you think about cities like Amsterdam or the backwaters of Kerala, it makes total sense. Actually, in those two places, a houseboat might be the most unique way to become one with the history of the region.
BookaHouseboat is based in Amsterdam, the houseboat capital of the world. As they say on their website: “We created this concept out of our love for living on the water, because everything looks more beautiful from the waterside”—so water-living enthusiasts can come together and share and create experiences. At the moment, they have close to 250 floating homes and/or houseboats in their database in cities like Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris, London, Buenos Aires, and more.
Prices vary but after a quick search I found one in Paris that sleeps four and costs just $144 a night. The boat has a fully equipped kitchen, internet, a TV, and a washing machine. There is a terrace/sundeck that allows guests to have lunch or dinner outside with a gorgeous view. It’s located on the Seine River within walking distance of Musée d’Orsay, le Grand Palais, Jardin des Tuileries, le Louvre, and le Avenue des Champs-Elysées!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.