I’d never really thought about renting a houseboat until I came across BookaHouseboat, which is the first worldwide houseboat rental community. But when you think about cities like Amsterdam or the backwaters of Kerala, it makes total sense. Actually, in those two places, a houseboat might be the most unique way to become one with the history of the region.
BookaHouseboat is based in Amsterdam, the houseboat capital of the world. As they say on their website: “We created this concept out of our love for living on the water, because everything looks more beautiful from the waterside”—so water-living enthusiasts can come together and share and create experiences. At the moment, they have close to 250 floating homes and/or houseboats in their database in cities like Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris, London, Buenos Aires, and more.
Prices vary but after a quick search I found one in Paris that sleeps four and costs just $144 a night. The boat has a fully equipped kitchen, internet, a TV, and a washing machine. There is a terrace/sundeck that allows guests to have lunch or dinner outside with a gorgeous view. It’s located on the Seine River within walking distance of Musée d’Orsay, le Grand Palais, Jardin des Tuileries, le Louvre, and le Avenue des Champs-Elysées!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.