My friends Mike and Anne Howard of HoneyTrek.com have a new book coming out next week (October 1). Mike and Anne have been living nomadically since they left on their honeymoon in 2012 and never came home. They’ve lived all around the world and just completed a 73,000-mile glamping quest. Their book—”Comfortably Wild“—is drawn from that trip, on which they glamped in over 60 places across nine countries over two years.
“Comfortably Wild” by Mike and Anne Howard ($29.95 on Amazon)
“Comfortably Wild” is being billed as the first-ever guide to glamping in North America. The book’s description on Amazon reads like this:
“Think outside the big-box hotels and discover North America’s most inspiring outdoor getaways. In the first guide of its kind, authors Mike and Anne Howard of the acclaimed blog HoneyTrek.com dive into the origins of glamping and the 21st-century craving for unconventional experiences that effortlessly connect us with nature, loved ones, and ourselves. Each chapter of Comfortably Wild offers a unique way to vacation, like the boutique farmstays in ‘Cultivate,’ wellness retreats in ‘Rejuvenate,’ and action-packed journeys of ‘In Motion.’ Alongside hundreds of gorgeous photographs and inspiring stories from the Howards’ 73,000-mile glamping quest, this guide offers practical tips to find your ideal destinations and mobilize a lifetime of unforgettable adventures.
“Comfortably Wild Features:
- Over 70 destinations across 9 countries, plus 80 extra getaways by region in the book’s North America Glamping Directory
- Roundups of unique outdoor accommodations at vineyards, wildlife sanctuaries, hot springs, state parks, and more
- HoneyTrek Tips offering the best deals, local secrets, and tested-and-approved travel advice
- Vacation Matchmaker pinpointing the best destinations for your trip style
- Random Awesomeness featuring wacky one-of-a-kind destinations from cave mansions to ski-on-ski-off treehouses
- Packing lists, cooking ideas, handy apps, and booking sites to get you glamping”
I haven’t read it but my good friend, TV travel personality Samantha Brown, has. She says: “I love that this book isn’t just about beautiful glamping properties, it’s also about the experiences that make our travels resonate and the incredible people that bring them to fruition. Helpful and inspiring, Comfortably Wild is the guide that every North American traveler needs.”
More travel books
- “The Only Plane in the Sky” by Garrett M. Graff
- “On the Plain of Snakes” by Paul Theroux
- 2 Great Apollo 11 Books to Help You Celebrate the Mission’s 50th Anniversary
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.