Traveling with a service animal doesn’t have to be difficult. A new book, called “Traveling with Service Animals: By Air, Road, Rail, and Ship across North America” (from $14.89) and written by Henry Kisor and Christine Goodier, explains how. The book “includes help on everything from packing for your animal partner to enjoying the animal-friendly rides at Disneyland,” writes Darcel Rockett for the Chicago Tribune. “With additional tips from over a dozen handlers who collectively have logged hundreds of thousands of miles traveling with their dogs, Kisor and Goodier provide travelers with easy-to-use checklists, primers on import regulations and corporate policies, and quick advice on emergencies, among other information.”
“Traveling with Service Animals” by Henry Kisor and Christine Goodier ($14.89 on Amazon)
Here’s the description direct from Amazon:
“The boom in trained service animal use and access has transformed the lives of travelers with disabilities. As a result, tens of thousands of people in the United States and Canada enjoy travel options that were difficult or impossible just a few years ago. Henry Kisor and Christine Goodier provide a narrative guidebook full of essential information and salted with personal, hands-on stories of life on the road with service dogs and miniature horses.
“As the travel-savvy human companions of Trooper (Kisor’s miniature schnauzer/poodle cross) and Raylene (Goodier’s black Labrador), the authors share experiences from packing for your animal partner to widely varying legal protections to the animal-friendly rides at Disneyland. Chapters cover the specifics of air, rail, road, and cruise ship travel, while appendixes offer checklists, primers on import regulations and corporate policies, advice for emergencies, and a route-by-route guide to finding relief walks during North American train trips. Practical and long overdue, Traveling with Service Animals provides any human-animal partnership with a horizon-to-horizon handbook for exploring the world.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.