Looking for new adventures inside the lesser-known United States? Judy Colbert’s “Virginia Off the Beaten Path: Discover Your Fun, Twelfth Edition” is full of cool things to do, see and learn about in the state of Virginia. And if you’re like me, there’s plenty inside you didn’t know about to inform your Virginia travels. The 256-page book will go on sale on September 1.
“Virginia Off the Beaten Path” comes via Globe Pequot, an independent publisher in my home state of Connecticut. Globe Pequot has published dozens of travel books about U.S. destinations, which are listed here. If you’ve read any of them, anything by Judy Colbert or or any good Virginia travel books, please share your thoughts in the comments below!
“Virginia Off the Beaten Path: Discover Your Fun, Twelfth Edition” by Judy Colbert ($17.95 on Barnes & Noble)
Here’s what inside the book, per B&N:
“Whether you’re a visitor or a local looking for something different, Virginia Off the Beaten Path shows you the Old Dominion State with new perspectives on timeless destinations and introduces you to those you never knew existed.
- Take a trip back in time along the Mount Vernon Trail
- Play on the Upton Hill Regional Mini Golf Course, where you’ll find one of the longest miniature holes in the world
- Blast off at the Air Power Park, with its outdoor exhibit of missiles, rockets, and military aircraft
So if you’ve ‘been there, done that’ one too many times, get off the main road and venture Off the Beaten Path.”
More travel books
- Travel Book of the Week: Rough Guides’ “Travel the Liberation Route Europe”
- 2 Great Apollo 11 Books to Help You Celebrate the Mission’s 50th Anniversary
- Travel Book of the Week: “Motel Vegas” by Fred Sigman
- Travel Book of the Week: “Forks: A Quest for Culture, Cuisine, and Connection” by Allan Karl
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.