Visits to Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina go hand in hand, as the two countries were once a part of what is now formerly Yugoslavia.
Bosnia-Herzegovina is grittier, with more evidence of the Bosnian War and the siege it was under for years but certainly no less beautiful and definitely full of poignant reminders of both the good and the bad. Croatia, meanwhile, has a relationship with nature all its own. Conveying the beauty of its rolling valleys and breathtaking coastline is near impossible, not to mention the food and the congenial nature of its people.
Insight Vacations offers trips throughout the world that get you hands-on with the local culture and face-to-face with the local people. They treat their clients as travelers, not tourists, and manage to do so with ease and comfort in mind. Their European tours use Mercedes buses with Wi-Fi and reclining seats that also adjust sideways and which have a restroom below seating level (because no one wants to sit next that). The tours are ever-morphing to accommodate feedback from clients and the changing desires of travelers in general. I was once a naysayer, but have converted to this form of travel—which offers big bang for the buck as well. I added up the individual cost per day to plan a trip like this on my own and it was almost double the cost of a luxury guided Insight tour.
Here’s my trip with Insight to these two fascinating, lesser-known countries, in six parts:
- Part 1: Sarajevo in photos
- Part 2: The personal side of Sarajevo
- Part 3: Mostar and Ston, on the road to Split
- Part 4: Split, a gem on the Dalmatian Riviera
- Part 5: The fairytale island of Korčula, Croatia
- Part 6: Magical Dubrovnik, Croatia
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.