When the folks at Hydaway sent me an ultra-portable, BPA-free, leak-proof water bottle a few years ago, it immediately became my go-to water bottle because it was so amazing to travel with. It didn’t take up much space in my already full carry-on, and I could fill it up at water fountains or stations in airports post-security so I didn’t get dinged $3+ each time (as I would have if I kept buying water bottles). It’s also dishwasher-safe so it was easy to clean.
In fact, the only reason I don’t still travel with it is that one time, like I fool, I forgot to empty the leftover water in it when returning from a day trip to Las Vegas. TSA flagged it, and the agents said they couldn’t just dump the water. I needed to go back to check-in and check it as luggage or throw it away. Since I was in a hurry, I had to go with the latter and chuck it, which was a total waste.
Fortunately for me, Hydaway just came out with its 2.0 model, so I’m taking the opportunity to get one of them. What makes it new and improved? It’s more streamlined, it has a slimmer footprint (now down to just over an inch), it weighs 15% less than the original did, and it now accommodates an optional carbon filter for improved taste and water purity. Grab one yourself on Amazon or hydawaybottle.com for $24.95.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.