In arguably the biggest travel news in over a year, the CDC just issued a new travel guidance stating: “People who are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine can travel safely within the United States:
-Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to get tested before or after travel unless their destination requires it
-Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to self-quarantine”
This is because studies show that “fully vaccinated travelers are less likely to get and spread COVID-19.”
The CDC also says: “Fully vaccinated travelers should still follow CDC’s recommendations for traveling safely including:
-Wear a mask over your nose and mouth
-Stay 6 feet from others and avoid crowds
-Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer
This is huge news and will definitely encourage even more people to get vaccinated. I just got my second dose yesterday of Moderna so I will be fully vaccinated in 13 days. I’m booking tickets after I send this newsletter (of course, I will still be keeping my eye on the variants and use extreme caution but this is great news).
I’m not alone in my excitement as Roger Dow, U.S. Travel Association President and CEO says:
“The CDC’s new travel guidance is a major step in the right direction that is supported by the science and will take the brakes off the industry that has been hardest hit by the fallout of COVID by far. As travel comes back, U.S. jobs come back.”
Domestic Travel Recommendations Quick Reference
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.