Earlier this month, Lonely Planet wrote up a unique app and tour company called Breakup Tours, which curates solo itineraries for people with broken hearts (who have recently broken up with their partners). The idea behind it is that travel can help heal a broken heart and break routine, an idea that has more than a little merit. Here’s how Lonely Planet described the app:
“The Breakup Tours app personalises the ideal solo tour for users. It recommends a wide variety of what it says are ‘heart-healing and soul-cleansing’ travel experiences around the world that can be tailored according to the user’s mood. It was developed by a Hong Kong-based company that believes that when the newly-separated stick to the same routine, they become very aware of the things that are missing from it. They believe that travelling allows people to take a break and gain new perspectives after a break-up. Their app also offers a facility called ‘Circles of Travelers’ for them to meet new friends.”
The Breakup Tours app is free for iOS, and itineraries and experiences built by the company are bookable within in. According to CNN, “experiences include an ‘Ending Ill-fated Love’ guided tour in Tainan, a three-hour tour to pray to the Chinese Cupids in temples and a Kintsugi (pottery repair) workshop in Tokyo where participants learn about the Japanese philosophy of wabi-sabi — to ’embrace the flawed, imperfect, yet wonderful things in life.’ Not thrilling enough? There’s also a ‘Real Gun Shooting Workshop’ in Chiang Mai.”
More on the Breakup Tours app
Per the App Store, the free Breakup Tours app includes the following features:
- Suggestions on itineraries based on your mood, preferred date, and city
- 100+ heart-healing and soul-cleansing activities based in cities around the world: Tokyo, Taipei, Bangkok, Tainan, Taichung, Kaoshiung, Chiang Mai, etc.
- Instant order of e-Travel voucher
- Join different Circles of Travelers and connect with like-minded friends!
- Tailor-made Breakup First Aid Kit. Get a chance to win air tickets and other heart-healing products
- IN-APP ‘Heartsaver’ will be your faithful companion, catering for your delicate needs
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.