If you get my free daily travel tip newsletter, then you already know that one of the ways to save money on airfare is to find either a new airline or a new route. Well, thanks to Breeze Airways, you may be able to do both.
Breeze Airways, which was founded 11 months ago by David Neeleman, who also founded JetBlue, continues to expand and this time, with some surprising and exciting routes from a little-known New York airport.
New York’s Westchester Airport (HPN) is located near the border of New York and Connecticut. It’s just three miles from downtown White Plains (NY), seven miles from downtown Greenwich (CT) and 30 miles from Manhattan.
Breeze Airways is adding seven nonstop routes from HPN including service to Los Angeles, San Francisco and Las Vegas, which no other airline does or ever has (that I’m aware of). And they’re all on sale.
I grew up only 30 minutes away from HPN but rarely flew out of there since the runway is relatively short and can only handle small commercial jets that don’t go past Chicago or Fort Lauderdale.
But starting later this year, two of the top destinations from the New York metro area, Los Angeles and San Francisco, will now feature daily nonstop service from HPN. Breeze will also operate flights to Las Vegas, Charleston, Norfolk, Jacksonville, and Savannah.
Thanks to the introduction of the brand new Airbus A220 aircraft, Breeze can now make the cross country flight.
Neeleman, who lived in nearby New Canaan, Connecticut when at JetBlue, knows better than anyone that getting to the three major NY airports (JFK, LGA, EWR) is a real pain and a time suck from the suburbs – especially during rush hour.
David said: “Having lived so close to Westchester airport for many years, I wasted tons of time driving to JFK or Newark to travel to the west coast. Now we’ll offer daily flights to the highest demand markets from New York, with the state-of-the-art Airbus A220 aircraft which pairs unrivaled comfort with 36 first class, 10 extra legroom and 80 standard seats – and half the noise footprint of past generations. There is literally no faster or more comfortable way to get from Westchester to the west coast.”
You gotta love it … especially their introductory rates, which are as follows:
From Westchester, NY to:
- Charleston, SC** (Daily, starting June 28, Nice from $79*, Nicer from $129, and Nicest from $149);
- Norfolk, VA (Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon, starting June 30, Nice from $49* and Nicer from $99);
- Jacksonville, FL (Thurs, Sat and Sun, starting June 30, Nice from $79* and Nicer from $129);
- Los Angeles, CA** (Daily, starting September 7, Nice from $149*, Nicer from $239, and Nicest from $249);
- Las Vegas, NV** (Daily, starting September 8, Nice from $149*, Nicer from $239, and Nicest from $249);
- New Orleans, LA (one-stop service, Thurs, Sat, and Sun, starting June 30; Fri and Mon starting September 9);
- Savannah, GA (Fri and Mon, starting September 9, Nice from $79* and Nicer from $129); and
- San Francisco, CA** (Daily, starting November 2, Nice from $149*, Nicer from $239, and Nicest from $249).
Good to know
Customers may select a seat assignment and add bags to their reservation for an additional cost. Prices to check bags online are a flat rate of $29 each way, for up to three bags, while carry-on bags are $25 each way. Check bags online because they charge $50 for bags if paid at the airport ticket counter.
Seat assignments start from $10 for Standard Economy, $20 for Extra Legroom, and $30 for First Class, but Family Seating is free for families traveling with children 12 and under. If no seat is selected, one will be assigned at no cost during check-in. The charge to travel with a pet in the cabin is $75.
Breeze doesn’t charge a change or cancellation fee. Customers have up to 24-months of reusable flight credit and customized flight features delivered via a sleek and simple app, Breeze makes it easy to buy and easy to fly. Flights are now on sale at www.flybreeze.com and via the Breeze app.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.