Breeze is a new app that’s currently only available (for free) on iOS and at LAX’s Terminal 2 (T2). But it’s a really cool idea, and the company has plans to expand soon (and T2 serves thousands of travelers a day already).
Here’s how it works: The Breeze app lets travelers get healthy food at the airport quickly. You order through the app and then pick up your food at a kiosk set up post-security. “Once an order is placed,” writes TPG, “the food and drinks are prepared in a ghost kitchen inside an existing kitchen in the terminal and then delivered to central kiosk on the T2 dining terrace. Passenger can swing by and pick up their orders within minutes of ordering.” In the company’s own words, you:
- Choose from crave-worthy food options.
- Select your pick-up time and terminal.
- Meet us at the Breeze cart post-security, grab your order, and go!
“After years of flying with Celiac’s disease,” it says on the same About page, “founder Annabel Lawee turned a personal struggle into a mission: to provide all airport travelers convenient access to real, wholesome food. Food that not only tastes good, but makes you feel good too.” There are currently four menus you can order off of: breakfast, lunch/dinner, snacks, and drinks. You can see the full menus by clicking the links, but in general, the focus is on tasty, healthy food. That food includes smashed avocado toast ($14.99), a harvest chicken bowl ($16.95), and a pre-flight power smoothie ($9.99).
Obviously, it’s cheaper and easier to bring your own food with you from home or a grocery store, but it’s probably not as tasty. In T2 when I tried it, the app kept quitting on me, so it seems the company is still working out kinks, but it’s a good option and I’m excited to keep an eye on it. I’m also happy to know that services like this are popping up. I’m all for more healthy food at the airport. I also love the Breeze tagline: “We’re on a mission to provide convenient access to wholesome food at airports.”
More airport food help
- How to Get Food Delivered to You at Your Airport Gate
- How to Get Airport Food Delivered to You From Another Terminal
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.