British Airways announced today that anyone searching for airline deals on BA.com will now be able to hold their flights for up to 72 hours with a deposit of $10.
This new option gives customers the time and flexibility to make sure they’re happy with their flight choice without losing the original price. If within 72 hours customers want to pay for their flights, the hold deposit is refunded and the ticket can be bought.
Only one person’s name is needed to hold the flights. The names of everyone traveling can be added within 72 hours of the booking being held. Seats can be held up to 21 days before departure.
The new hold option is the result of a joint project between British Airways and Iberia, both owned by IAG. It applies to reservations for all flights operated by British Airways, including code-sharing flights, Iberia, Iberia Express, and Air Nostrum, including any combinations of flights of British Airways and Iberia, as long as they are on the same ticket.
But according to the London Telegraph: “It is not possible to hold last-minute flights, in this case, those being booked less than 21 days before departure. There are also some destinations to which flights cannot be held “because of complex fluctuating tax calculations”. These include Antigua, Barbados, Punta Cana, St Kitts, St Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Monrovia, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Lagos, Freetown and Abuja. Other destinations for which flights cannot be held at the moment but will soon be added to the scheme are: Israel, Denmark, Norway and Sweden.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.