Here’s a great new way to find zen at 40,000 feet, courtesy of British Airways. Today the airline introduces its Mindfulness for Travel series, which features videos that BA passengers can use to get in a relaxed state of mind. The initiative was developed for the launch of British Airways’ new A380 service between San Francisco and London.
Mindfulness and meditation on a beautiful A380? Umm, yes, count us in!
Mark Coleman, Founder of The Mindfulness Institute in San Francisco, worked with British Airways to create this cool program, which will be available pre-flight, mid-flight and pre-arrival. The videos can be found onboard British Airways’ new aircraft as well as at ba.com/wellbeing.
“Embracing the spirit of travel involves living fully in the moment, which can be cultivated through mindfulness practice,” said Coleman.
Coleman is also working with British Airways employees to share techniques for integrating mindfulness into work and life. It’s great to see it’s becoming the norm for companies to offer such programs to employees as well as customers.
Those of us who love flying on A380s will agree that the plane is quite comfy, and probably the perfect aircraft on which to practice mindfulness. These double-decker jets are quieter and more spacious and have air-conditioning systems that change quickly to make the cabins comfortable.
Along with the mindfulness practices, the in-flight entertainment system will be featuring wellbeing exercises, therapeutic audio playlists and a Flying with Confidence video.
In a recent Twitter survey on personal flying habits that Johnny Jet conducted for British Airways, US travelers revealed that listening to music or podcasts is the most popular way to achieve relaxation during a flight. Focusing on the view out the window and adopting a positive attitude were also some of the top tips shared by fliers. Will you try British Airways’ wellness videos? Let us know what you think below!
Check out additional tips on healthy flying at ba.com/wellbeing.
Photos: British Airways
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.