Today British Airways announced it will launch a new service between Austin Bergstrom International Airport and London Heathrow beginning in March 2014. British Airways becomes the first airline to provide non-stop transatlantic service to Austin, TX. The airline will fly the 787 Dreamliner five days a week, increasing to daily flights later in the year.
Seats can be purchased starting today at BA.com. The new service will have three cabins, Club World (business), World Traveller Plus (premium economy) and World Traveller (economy). This marks British Airways’ third destination in Texas, with the airline also serving Houston and Dallas Fort Worth.
As London is among the top destinations for international travel from Austin and Austin is home to some of the most important global cultural events, the new route provides BA an important opportunity for business growth, particularly in the technology sector.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.