British Airways is debuting its new Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft with an inaugural flight between London and Toronto on September 1. The flight will arrive from London on Sunday afternoon at 14:55 local time and depart the same evening at 19:20, marking the first long-haul service for the airline’s new fleet.
Canadians (and all travelers flying out of Toronto) will now be able to enjoy new levels of comfort and reduced jet-lag on their trips to Europe thanks to improvements in air quality, mood lighting, quieter cabins, and lower air pressure. The Dreamliner will fly exclusively between Toronto and London in September and beginning in October, between New York and London.
British Airways plans to add 24 new Dreamliner 787s to its fleet over the next four years.
The new aircraft accommodates 214 passengers—35 in Club World (business class), 25 in World Traveller Plus (premium economy) and 154 in World Traveller (economy). The three newly designed cabins feature high quality materials, comfortable seats and increased bag storage. Customers in British Airways Club World cabin can take advantage of wide, full-flat beds and Club Kitchen, a snack bar open throughout the flight.
The 787 also has the largest windows of any commercial airliner, offering customers views of the horizon from every seat. Instead of pull-down blinds, each one has its own dimmer switch.
British Airways’ 787 is fitted with the airline’s new Thales entertainment system. Each seat features a television screen and customers can choose from more than 700 hours of movies, TV and music, including 230 TV programs, 70 movies and 400 music albums and interactive games. Travelers can also communicate and play games with friends elsewhere on the aircraft using an in-seat chat system.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.