My eyes almost popped out of their sockets when I received an invitation from British Airways to go to the U.K. for a long weekend. First stop was Glasgow for the night to check out what’s happening there as they get ready to host the Commonwealth Games. Then we flew to London for a couple of nights to attend WIMBLEDON!
I flew to Glasgow from Toronto via London and took their 6:45 flight which is really too early because it’s tough to sleep since the flight is only 6 hours long and by the time I got even remotely tired (around 9:45) we were already more than halfway there.
The good news is I was on one of British Airways’ new Boeing’s 787 planes and BA was kind enough to fly me in Club World (their Business Class) which has 35 lie-flat seats and 73-inch pitch (legroom) and 20-inch wide seats. FYI: World Traveller Plus (premium economy) has 25 standard seats with 38 inches of pitch and 18.5 inches of width. World Traveller (economy) has 154 standard seats with 31 inches of pitch and 17.5 inches of width.
Since the flight is so short most Club World passengers eat dinner in their lounge – it’s really nice and has plush food and an open bar. So when the flight attendants came around with the inflight menu I passed. However, I did raid their minibar for some fruit and snacks in the middle of the night. I also had one of their delicious bacon roll sandwiches they serve for breakfast. One thing is for sure flying in Club World makes the flight too short. 5 Things I Love About the British Airways 787
Below are photos from the flight as well as the short 1-hour hop from London to Glasgow and then back again. For the short hops I was in economy.
British Airways Tip: If you don’t want to pay for an assigned seat in advance then set your alarm for exactly 24 hours before your check-in time and you can usually get the best seats. I was able to get the exit row in coach and a window seat in Club World without paying extra.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.