As Americans, we think we know how to rodeo. But what if I told you that the biggest rodeo in North America—the Calgary Stampede—actually takes place every year in Calgary, Canada?
That’s right: As Johnny’ written before, our friendly neighbors up north host one of the biggest parties of the summer (July 3-12 this year), complete with tournament-style rodeo events, country rock concerts and live entertainment, and a food fair that’s sure to bring out your inner cowboy.
For nearly a week and a half in July, downtown Calgary is buzzing with excitement. This is, undoubtedly, one of the most anticipated events of the year. Young professionals leave their offices early, trading suits for western attire and making their way to the local bars and tent parties—most of which boast rodeo-inspired specials all week long.
Now familiar with the overwhelming number of options, I’ll guide you to some of the finest the Calgary Stampede has to offer below, both in- and outside the festival grounds. This is your insider’s guide to the Stampede, in style. So saddle up and come ready for a good time.
- Calgary Stampede in Style, Part 1: The Stampede Bucket List, Day 1
- Calgary Stampede in Style, Part 2: The Stampede Bucket List, Day 2
- Calgary Stampede in Style, Part 3: Beyond the Stampede
- Calgary Stampede in Style, Part 4: Where to Stay
- Calgary Stampede in Style, Part 5: Final Roundup
Tickets for next year’s Stampede (July 8-17, 2016) are on sale October 5th 2015 at calgarystampede.com. Buy in advance for better seat selection, premium seating and potential discounts. Contact the extremely helpful folks at Travel Alberta and Tourism Calgary for inquires for large groups (20 or more) and for additional help with planning your itinerary. And of course, tell ‘em Trish sent you!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.