This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Capital One has added new travel partners and perks, plus new airport lounges for 2021. You can read more in our post, New Capital One Travel Rewards.
For the first time, Capital One is adding hotel reward programs to its transfer partner list. Until today, it has been dominated by frequent flier programs. The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card, Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card, Capital One Spark Miles for Business, and Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business cardholders can now redeem their miles for points in ALL (Accor Live Limitless) and Wyndham Rewards. These cardholders can now transfer miles to leading travel loyalty programs.
The information for the Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Capital One Hotel Transfer Partners
ALL is the new name for Accord’s loyalty program, which encompasses 34 hotel brands. Some of these hotels include:
- Fairmont Raffles
Wyndham Rewards includes brands like Wyndham Grand, Wyndham, La Quinta, Tryp by Wyndham, and Days Inn among others.
Beginning Feb. 4, 2020, Venture and Spark Miles cardholders can trade a minimum of 1,000 miles for ALL points. The rate will be 2 to 1 (1,000 Venture or Spark Miles for 500 ALL Rewards points). If they prefer Wyndham Rewards, cardholders can redeem a minimum of 1,000 miles. That rate will be 2 to 1.5 (1,000 Venture or Spark Miles for 750 Wyndham Rewards points). On another note, this addition adds to the Chase Sapphire Preferred vs Capital One Venture comparison.
Related: Capital One Venture vs VentureOne
Benefits for Cardholders
Both programs represent tremendous value through the breadth of brands that they offer. From city luxury and family-oriented resorts to value-focused hotels that are located in places where there may be few other budget options, there’s something for everyone.
One of the best reasons for having flexible point balances is that can be used in multiple ways. You are not tied down to one individual program with the Capital One Rewards program. Yes, sometimes, the search for frequent flier award seats can be frustrating. But when you have miles from a credit card that can be redeemed toward any flight as cash (and without blackout dates), it is much easier.
Others may find that free hotel stays are more valuable for their travel plans. Accor and Wyndham bring huge property portfolios around the world to the mix.
Previously, there were no credit card transfer paths to move points to the Accor or Wyndham programs. To take advantage of a free hotel stay with either hotel grouping, you would already have to have a large stash of points already accrued.
Furthermore, the cards that are eligible are also some of the best Capital One credit cards for travel available. They come with perks that include bonus miles for select purchases, unlimited earning abilities, and more.
As a little cherry on top, Capital One tells us that it is improving the transfer ratio to JetBlue TrueBlue to 2 miles to 1.5 TrueBlue points (1,000 Venture or Spark Miles: 750 JetBlue TrueBlue points).
Final Thoughts on Capital One Hotel Transfer Partners
In conclusion, this can be a huge plus if you want to redeem miles for hotel stays. However, if you have no travel plans in the near future, Capital One Venture, Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card, Capital One Spark and Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card cardholders can still redeem their miles through Amazon Shop with Points.
- How to Share Capital One Miles
- Capital One Airline Transfer Partners
- Should You Redeem Miles for Domestic Flights
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.